Alpha 22 release media

In light of the recent announcement that there's an AOE1 remastered edition coming out this year, which boasts "4K" resolution, I think maybe A22's release media can also tout this feature. But I mean subtly. 0 a.d. for a looong time has been compatible with 4K resolution, yes? At least, I have seen some very old dual monitor footage of the game that had some very large resolution. So, maybe this release show some 4K media.

If this game is capable of this, then does anyone here have a 4K monitor or capable card for footage or screenshot?

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
On 14.06.2017 at 10:31 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

If this game is capable of this, then does anyone here have a 4K monitor or capable card for footage or screenshot?

Good point. We support 4k, but a user have to set the GUI scale, I think we need an automatic DPI detection to calculate the GUI scale. It'd be really nice, IMO.

Edited by vladislavbelov
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

Don't think so, at least on most platforms. SDL could detect DPI, but there were few issues on some platforms/OS AFAIK.

Can't we just assume good resolution to be full hd 1920x1080 and just adapt DPI depending on that ?

4 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Can't we just assume good resolution to be full hd 1920x1080 and just adapt DPI depending on that ?

If we take a base in pixels, then we don't need DPI or don't know how to. In common case we say that a base GUI element should have a width equal to 5cm (i.e.), and here we use DPI.