Map Edge, building placement

Hi guy. So, I really think we should be able to place buildings closer to the edge of the map. right now it is confusing a little bit, because the territory border goes right up to total blackness, but buildings can't be placed at the edge of the very light gradient. I think it should be more consistent and clear what is going on there.

pyrogenesis 2017-06-12 02-50-28-83.png

pyrogenesis 2017-06-13 02-46-09-85.png

• Like 2

The different grids (terrain, pathfinding, territory, etc) don't have the same resolution for technical reasons (performance but also by technical design) so I'm afraid it would be difficult to improve that.

Alternatively, I think it would be possible (a tad difficult too) to just detect the issue is linked with map boundaries and display another message than "invalid terrain", which is not accurate.

I'd suggest creating a ticket, maybe somebody in the future will have an idea so this works without bugs. Backlog, Should Have, UI and Simulation.

• Like 2

CCmpPathfinder::CheckBuildingPlacement has this check "// Fail if any span includes an impassable tile" which is triggered for those 3 tiles on the map border (that what Imarok said) and also if there is water for example.

But instead of displaying a better error message, the building placement actor should be limited to the circular mapsize (instead of the square one) and account for those 3 tiles, so that we don't need an error message in the first place, no? Also the units can't walk on those 3 tiles, so everything can be walled off the player wants to).

• Like 1