Itms

Open Position - Social Media Manager

20 posts in this topic

Wildfire Games is looking for a Social Media Manager

Management of our accounts on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, IndieDB) has been handled so far by team members on their remaining free time. We would like to have a new team member who can engage with the general public on a more frequent basis, in order to entertain the 0 A.D. community with interesting updates about the development as well as general curation of history, games or free software-related content. We would also like to spread the word about 0 A.D. now that the game is reaching a "playable by mainstream gamers" state.

Interaction with the central community here on the forums would be a very important part of the new team member’s work. However, the moderation is done by the entire team so the position does not include moderation work per se. The main objective of the Social Media Manager will be increasing the game outreach. If you do not already know the community well enough, we encourage you to blend a bit with everyone in the forums before joining the team.

A secondary objective, in the future, would be to spread to other networks like Diaspora* or Mastodon. Those two ones are free-software orientated so it might overlap with our current community, but proficiency with these networks or other less known networks would be appreciated.

Applications shall include the following information. They can be sent as a reply to this topic, or as a new topic entitled "Social Media Manager Application – Your name".

• You must state that you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free.
  • Your name (a nickname is OK, we like to work on at least a first-name basis inside the team but this is not mandatory nor your name is made public).
  • Your location, or at least your time zone.
  • Your availability, and your projects for the foreseeable future (are you a student, starting or ending your studies, looking for a job, etc).
  • Your skills and experience with social media: How much time do you spend working with them? Do you handle a social media account with a significant amount of followers? Or did you in the past? If yes, how many followers and for how much time? And was it a personal account or a project/firm/brand one?
  • What are your interests and hobbies? Do you have a specific interest in areas related to 0 A.D. (History, Warfare, Video Games, Free Software, etc.)? If yes, is this interest personal, semi-professional or professional? Do you have other unrelated hobbies you want to share with us to get to know you a bit better?
  • A short essay: How and when did you find out about 0 A.D.? What motivates you to be a part of the project? What do you seek to gain in being a part of Wildfire Games? 

Of course, please provide any additional information that could give weight to your application.

The work carried out by the new member will be engaging: this is a time of onward progresses for the game, and there will be news to share! We are looking forward to reading your applications :)

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

At lastro guys  take seriously this.

you forgot Reddit?

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
1 person likes this

The new team member can be active on r/0ad if they want, but a subreddit we don't manage is entirely different from an official Wildfire Games account on social networks.

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Itms said:

The new team member can be active on r/0ad if they want, but a subreddit we don't manage is entirely different from an official Wildfire Games account on social networks.

It's still useful to have it mentioned somewhere and to maintain some presence there if possible, and I think @Xeramon wouldn't mind to make some interested team members moderators of the subreddit if asked.

3 people like this

1 minute ago, fcxSanya said:

It's still useful to have it mentioned somewhere and to maintain some presence there if possible, and I think @Xeramon wouldn't mind to make some interested team members moderators of the subreddit if asked.

As mentioned, the position does not include moderation work, either on our forums or on an external community like r/0ad, but if the applicant is motivated and wants to participate to moderation, this is certainly not a bad thing :)

16 hours ago, fcxSanya said:

@Pureon mention some time that he want to update the graphics of the subreddit.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

@Pureon mention some time that he want to update the graphics of the subreddit.

I've PMed Xeramon about it so just waiting to hear back. Once I'm done experimenting with custom CSS subreddit themes, it's going to look truly gorgeous :nerd:

5 people like this

On 6/15/2017 at 8:11 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

Are users in Google plus? 

If you are asking how many users are following the page, then the answer is "1,906" as the page description says (for reference, Facebook page has "10,359 Total Page Follows")

I don't have any experience like social media manager but i love 0 a.d and i'm glad to help in any thing. I will be very active 

2 people like this

I'm interested in participate in this project. This for me is perfect position for beginning.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Gladius said:

I'm interested in participate in this project. This for me is perfect position for beginning.

Well then, start with this

On 6/13/2017 at 0:39 PM, Itms said:

Applications shall include the following information. They can be sent as a reply to this topic, or as a new topic entitled "Social Media Manager Application – Your name".

• You must state that you understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project, work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free.
  • Your name (a nickname is OK, we like to work on at least a first-name basis inside the team but this is not mandatory nor your name is made public).
  • Your availability, and your projects for the foreseeable future (are you a student, starting or ending your studies, looking for a job, etc).
  • Your skills and experience with social media: How much time do you spend working with them? Do you handle a social media account with a significant amount of followers? Or did you in the past? If yes, how many followers and for how much time? And was it a personal account or a project/firm/brand one?
  • What are your interests and hobbies? Do you have a specific interest in areas related to 0 A.D. (History, Warfare, Video Games, Free Software, etc.)? If yes, is this interest personal, semi-professional or professional? Do you have other unrelated hobbies you want to share with us to get to know you a bit better?
  • A short essay: How and when did you find out about 0 A.D.? What motivates you to be a part of the project? What do you seek to gain in being a part of Wildfire Games? 

4 people like this

Thanks for the heads-up Skhorn :) We are indeed looking for motivated applicants and serious applications. One-liners saying you are motivated are heartwarming but do not count as applications.

3 people like this

Hi, guys, my Nick is Kereltis and I'm interested in helping out in whatever way I can. I've been playing 0 A.D. for years and at times have actively promoted it both on Rootgamer.com and in the Gaming on Linux G+ community as well as my own blogs. I'm located in Oregon, USA (UTC-08:00) but I'm originally from Ireland. I'm available most days and pretty much 24/7 if needed for big announcements and so on. I completely understand that this is a volunteer position. I'm currently the producer/production manager of the Beery Good Entertainment podcast, my hobbies include gaming, Linux (mostly Ubuntu), mobile photography, history (possible reenactment in the future), brewing beer and touring craft beer breweries. I think 0 A.D. is a great project and one that really shows off the power of open source communities and what they can achieve. I discovered 0.A.D. back in around 2009 after moving to Ubuntu from OpenSuse. We didn't have Steam back then and if you didn't feel like messing with wine you had a very limited choice of games. 0 A.D. was one of those games that although limited at the time, showed a huge amount of potential and I've been following it ever since. I'm very active on social media for socializing and also promoting our podcast as well as my wife's novels. I founded the Gaming on Linux G+ community and still help run it along with the other mods. 

My Social Media Accounts are:

Twitter:  @CheDean

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/che.dean

G+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CheDean

7 people like this

Hi,

First of all, I understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project,work for 0 A.D. is volunteer, and work is done for free.

My name is Marco (nickname Fahrern) I’m a graduated history student from Italy and I wish to collaborate on the 0 A.D project.

I think that both my knowledge and my passion for history could be put on service for this project. Moreover, I grow up with the masterpieces of RTS genre, experience which  played a role in my life affecting my  educational interests.

Since I discovered 0 A.D. [Alpha 15 Osiris], I was fascinated by this project and it would be an honour to have the opportunity to contribute.

With hopes that my profile will retain your attention.  

Thank you for your time.

4 people like this

Hi @Fahrern, and thanks for your application. :)

Could you answer the part about your knowledge of social media?

On 13/06/2017 at 7:39 PM, Itms said:

Your skills and experience with social media: How much time do you spend working with them? Do you handle a social media account with a significant amount of followers? Or did you in the past? If yes, how many followers and for how much time? And was it a personal account or a project/firm/brand one?

Sure,

I'm able to use the most common social media and to share and produce contenent on these. Even if my primary use of social media is that of keep in touch with my contacts, from 2013 I'm co-administrator of a small comunity page of italian  university students which  has  2952 followers.
Even though this would be my first experience in such a project, I think I have the skills and being able to do a good job.

2 people like this

Hello @Itms, here is my application 

Yes i understand that Wildfire Games is a non-commercial project and work is done for free.

daker

North Africa, GMT

I am an employee

I speak 3 languages (Arabic, French, English), i spend between 8 to 10 hours working on social media, yes i do handle a brand social accounts:

• Facebook : +3 millions fans
  • Twitter : +1 million followers
  • YouTube : +370k subscribers with over 100 millions views

Excellent knowledge of :

• Facebook Business, Facebook APIs, Facebook chat bots
  • YouTube CMS(including Content ID) & YouTube SEO
  • Tweetdeck
  • G+ Brands
  • Streaming plateforms(such as Youtube Live, Facebook Live, etc...)

I also manage a small community group/page for a LoCo Team

I discovered Warfare with AE II in 2007/2008, i am also interested in the Free Software area, which is a personal interest. I practice fishing when i have time or work on IoT projects.

I discovered 0 A.D while browsing playdeb.net in 2012, i played Alpha 8 Haxāmaniš. I am also looking for code contribution once i manage to understand the code base.

4 people like this

I don't know where 0AD is at regarding support for Arabic script - that is certainly a very valuable code contribution that you could make once you have found your way around :)

4 people like this

On 29.6.2017 at 5:03 PM, daker said:
  • Facebook : +3 millions fans
  • Twitter : +1 million followers
  • YouTube : +370k subscribers with over 100 millions views

Where?