Age of Empires definitive edition [remaster]

• 2 weeks later...

First look into Aoe DE scenario editor:

Spoiler

·News heroes (I don't know who are Masde Sastres), and they have corrected the translation of scythed chariot for spanish (it was translated as Scythian chariot)

And a another video

Spoiler

Seems that pathfinder it's far better!

On 7/6/2017 at 8:14 PM, Zeta1127 said:

Windows 10 exclusive, it just figures Microsoft would pull that nonsense. If the old games actually worked on Windows 10, most people who still have the original version wouldn't feel like they absolutely had to get this version. I have the original version of all three of the games, AoE, AoE2, and AoM, that have been remastered, but the only reason I can't play them is because my XP computers all quit working at basically the same time.

If you got the Ubisoft Collector's Edition, it still works on my Windows 10 Computer. Don't know for AoM, as I never played that, though.

Also, does the DE have formations? That's what got me into The Conquerors more than any of the other AoE games. The ability to macromanage formations, and why I still think it's the best of the games (at least better than AoE3, which kind of removed formations).

Edited by Palaiogos

1 minute ago, av93 said:

Having tides in ponds are something curious. I will post it on the official forums

Make sure they keep the same monotonous and boring gameplay! ;) My god, can villagers be any slower? No wonder I always played Deathmatch back in the 90s.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

Just now, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Make sure they keep the same monotonous and boring gameplay! ;)

Well, I'm not in Beta, just looking into the videos that people post in youtube of one of my childhood games. Yes, I think that they have went to conservative:

I rather would take the Aoe2 genie engine, solve the bugs, and then build the game from there, having triggers and formations, for example. So at time of the Aoe2 DE, you have an already improved engine, and if one game have one problem, you can solve them (easy to maintain). I would have added gates, and farm queues. Also unique units.

But either Microsoft doesn't want to spend too much money (or it's a low profit project), or/and they want to be very conservative for targeting old nostalgia fans. Some in the forum, were against unit queueing, against farm right click reseeding, cause this "causualise" the game...  For sure they had done and they will make balance changes for solving one way winning strategies, because I think that Forgotten Empires, (for the things that I have read, cause I'm not a competitive Aoe 2 player), have done both solid and innovative ideas, without going too far away from the game, and within the game engine limits with a probably small budget. The real proof will be Aoe 4, cause although they have a tradition to keep, they have more room for new ideas cause it's a new title (however I know that Relic they have done big failures, like DoW 3, and I don't know if Forgotten Empires would be involved)

What you would do for the gameplay, having in mind that it's a remake?

45 minutes ago, av93 said:

What you would do for the gameplay, having in mind that it's a remake?

Delenda Est, but with ages instead of phases. :) Add battalions for soldiers. Add AOE3/AOEO home cities. Add age-up choices ala AOM. Have "god powers" but slightly more mundane, call them "Commandments" or something, just boosts or policies that affect gameplay. Have an incredibly well-written and historical campaign for "Europe", "Africa", and "The East."

Basically, harness the entire "Age" canon, and then include some extra innovations.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

2 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Delenda Est, but with ages instead of phases. :) Add battalions for soldiers. Add AOE3/AOEO home cities. Add age-up choices ala AOM. Have "god powers" but slightly more mundane, call them "Commandments" or something, just boosts or policies that affect gameplay. Have an incredibly well-written and historical campaign for "Europe", "Africa", and "The East."

Basically, harness the entire "Age" canon, and then include some extra innovations.

Well, we're talking about a remake, not a reboot, don't? Maybe it will happen in Aoe4, cause there's nothing written

against taking the series to the ancient era another time (modern era it's well covered by other games, and probably better covered with another gameplay systems)

14 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

That's break the their NDA. too late I saw your post.

Well, I didn't signed a NDA. And don't think that it's very important. Also in the first and allowed gameplay video, there're ponds and happen the same.

2 minutes ago, av93 said:

Well, we're talking about a remake, not a reboot, don't? Maybe it will happen in Aoe4, cause there's nothing written

against taking the series to the ancient era another time (modern era it's well covered by other games, and probably better covered with another gameplay systems)

Well, I didn't signed a NDA. And don't think that it's very important. Also in the first and allowed gameplay video, there're ponds and happen the same.

image.thumb.png.6090aecee925e44366e52bca9ae55435.png