Age of Empires definitive edition [remaster]

On 9/14/2017 at 7:09 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I don't buy that explanation. It had to have been mismanagement. If you lost 2 big projects, then why wouldn't you downsize and refocus on the remaining projects/new project?

Indeed. "They grew apart" is such a weak explanation to give for a studio being shut down by its owner.

• Like 1

So.... I was accepted into the beta. Downloaded it, and.... single player has been disabled by the devs to force players to test multiplayer. lol. Even the parts I do have access to are buggy and feel like an alpha. I tried multiplayer and it bugged out. Couldn't join a game.

I'll wait until single player is re-enabled.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

So.... I was accepted into the beta. Downloaded it, and.... single player has been disabled by the devs to force players to test multiplayer.

That's not a good move on their part... the likely result is that the players who wanted to play single-player instead simply won't try the game out anymore.

• Like 2

Worst Beta I have ever taken part in.

Game has been completely unplayable for a week. According to the posts on their official forum almost nobody can get the game to work and NO devs are responding. I literally cannot start a game at all, and the "message of the day" is still the same one as last week. Are all the devs on vacation? If I was Microsoft I'd be pissed.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 2:34 PM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Worst Beta I have ever taken part in.

Game has been completely unplayable for a week. According to the posts on their official forum almost nobody can get the game to work and NO devs are responding. I literally cannot start a game at all, and the "message of the day" is still the same one as last week. Are all the devs on vacation? If I was Microsoft I'd be pissed.

I'm participating in Empires  Apart and its worse. At last AoE  feels  fresh this feels dead and empty. Very buggy game with not soul.