DE gameplay discuss

Lion.Kanzen

5 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Estamos planeando con Justus otros pueblos clásicos alrededor de Grecia , cometravas Tracia y Escitas. Y teutoburgo es una localidad no un pueblo. Era un lugar pantanoso.

ya se que es un lugar pero es una gran perdida romana , queruscos , cimbrios y teutones son algunos pueblos no se hay  muchos yo los llamaria federacion germana  porque se agrupaban si los tracios he incluso dacios , , para hacer germanos no creo que cambie mucho de los galos 

1 hour ago, tlauick_19 said:

ya se que es un lugar pero es una gran perdida romana , queruscos , cimbrios y teutones son algunos pueblos no se hay  muchos yo los llamaria federacion germana  porque se agrupaban si los tracios he incluso dacios , , para hacer germanos no creo que cambie mucho de los galos 

Sabes que están planeados tener tribus germánicas en 0 A.D Empires Besieged?

Yeah, I keep trying to be clever and include yours and @fatherbushido's random code to make things possible, then having to delete it later because it becomes incompatible. Gonna start scaling back and stop doing that @#$%, since it makes everything more work than necessary. 

I'll try D705 and see how it works. Cycladic Archipelago sound good?

• Like 1

yes, any naval map should do it. Just check that it now builds shipyards.  D705 is quite small and could be included in A22 if well tested.  While D654 touches too many parts and it's safer to wait for after the release.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the main problem, and I'm sure you're aware, is the AI.

The AI is "hard coded" in to many instances, and mod's which stray from the basic template fail.

Delenda has to many user input decisions, which fails with the AI.  Some are decisions you could have the AI "roll the dice", and chose based on percentage.  I.E. if Math.floor((Math.random() * 10) + 1) < 5 then...

I watched two AI against each other, and one was Maur, which has the worker elephant.  Since the storehouse is disabled in Del for them at the beginning, the AI only had one worker elephant the entire time, and was severely limited for gathering resources...

I come from a game which was quite similar in scripting language, but this javascript is giving me some headaches trying to figure out.

Edited by panther42
  • Like 1

thanks @stanislas69, but I do not want to bother these persons to teach me something, which I can read tutorials and the game code to try and figure out.  I'm sure they have plenty to do.

I did find a gameplay item I wanted to point out to @wowgetoffyourcellphone.  Defensive Towers.

Unless I've missed something, here is my deduction of the implementation in Delenda.

Defensive towers as defined in template_structure_defense_defense_tower.xml have MaxArrowCount of 3:

Spoiler

<BuildingAI>
    <DefaultArrowCount>1</DefaultArrowCount>
    <GarrisonArrowMultiplier>1</GarrisonArrowMultiplier>
    <MaxArrowCount>3</MaxArrowCount>
	<GarrisonArrowClasses>Infantry+Ranged</GarrisonArrowClasses>
  </BuildingAI>

Via tech upgrades(pair_tower_01), you can choose Sentries, "Defense Towers +2 default arrows, but now each tower costs 1 population.", or Crenellations, "Defense Towers +50% more arrows fired per garrisoned soldier."

Crenellations do not work as intended, due to the MaxArowCount.

Here is tech upgrade affects:

"modifications": [{"value": "BuildingAI/GarrisonArrowMultiplier", "multiply": 1.5}]

But here is the game function which applies the number of arrows in BuildingAI.js:

Spoiler

/**
 * Returns the number of arrows which needs to be fired.
 * DefaultArrowCount + Garrisoned Archers(ie., any unit capable
 * of shooting arrows from inside buildings)
 */
BuildingAI.prototype.GetArrowCount = function()
{
	let count = this.GetDefaultArrowCount() +
		Math.round(this.archersGarrisoned * this.GetGarrisonArrowMultiplier());

return Math.min(count, this.GetMaxArrowCount());
};

As you can see, it uses the Math.min between the count(see code), and the MaxArrowCount.

Using examples above, GetDefaultArrowCount(1) + (archersGarrisoned(let's use 5) * GarrisonArrowMultiplier(1.5 for Crenellations)) = 9(rounded)

But, you only shoot 3.

I could put 15 archers in the defense tower(hypothetical), and could still only shoot 3 arrows.

Just an observation.  I was wondering why my defense towers couldn't hold the enemy off.  This may be intended behavior for @wowgetoffyourcellphone design.