DE gameplay discuss

Lion.Kanzen

9 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Why Seleucids only used Greek settlers where are the mercenaries?

Capture a mercenary camp. 

9 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

why catapultes aren't mountable and dismounted?

Except for Romans, in reality catapults are built on-site. Romans had a siege train and even soldiers would carry individual parts for siegge wepons.  That's why the Romans can pack their catapult while others cannot.

• Like 1

Specifically about the AI:

• Farmland/Farming: It does not know to use farmland to boost farming. You will find the AI still putting farm fields near the Civic Center, which has a farming penalty.
  • Upgrading and Teching: Some civs have custom requirements for phasing up, for example the Principate Romans need to build a Temple of Vesta in order to achieve Town phase. Also, the AI does not know to use the upgrade function to boost Wooden Defense Towers to Stone Defense Towers, Barracks to Royal Barracks, Hypaspists to Argyraspides, Civic Center to Fortified Civic Center, etc. Lastly, the Blacksmith requires you choose either Metallurgy or Forging to unlock all the other blacksmith techs. AI doesn't know to do this.
  • Principate Romans: Beside the phasing problem, it also doesn't know to train and use the Slaves.

And yet, despite these limitations, @mimo's AI still can give you a challenge if you don't exploit too many glitches! I imagine if the AI knew how to use these features properly the AI would be nigh unstoppable at Hardest. The current AI knows to capture Merc Camps and does train mercenaries. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

I've no time left to work on mod's support, but some of the points listed here looks generic enough and should definitively be implemented. When A22 is out, i may have a look at the phase requirements, but don't think i can do much more. You should post tickets on trac about them (with the AI keyword) hoping that they may get the attention of some developpers.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mimo said:

I've made a patch for the phasing up, with the delenda requirements in. Could you test it? https://code.wildfiregames.com/D654

Tested patch. The Principate Romans definitely used the Temple of Vesta to phase up. I'll test some more.

EDIT: Tested some more. Looks like the AI has no idea that Cult Statues exist, so does not know to build them to acquire Glory. For Principate Romans, they need Glory to build a Triumphal Arch, which auto-researches City Phase. For Han Chinese, building 4 Cult Statues unlocks the City Phase tech.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

15 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Also, I forgot something about the AI, it needs to know that it can build storehouses and farmsteads outside of territory. 

The AI knows it (that's the easy part), but somebody must write the logic to find a good location (what are the requirements for a good position, how far from your borders, how to defend it, ...). 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Tested patch. The Principate Romans definitely used the Temple of Vesta to phase up. I'll test some more.

EDIT: Tested some more. Looks like the AI has no idea that Cult Statues exist, so does not know to build them to acquire Glory. For Principate Romans, they need Glory to build a Triumphal Arch, which auto-researches City Phase. For Han Chinese, building 4 Cult Statues unlocks the City Phase tech.

Strange,  in my own tests, it built cult statues. Currently the patch only works well for simple requirements like vesta temple. If the Arch needs glory, somebody has to learn him how to accumulate glories, that was not the purpose of D654.

• Like 1

Justus, I use your MOD all of the time.  I would be willing to help you out with bugs.  I have found a couple in the recent github updates you have posted.

I use the latest SVN to play your MOD.

In theb_mechanical_siege_oxbeles_packed.xml you use

<Pack>
    <Entity>units/atheb_mechanical_siege_oxybeles_unpacked</Entity>
    <Time>10000</Time>
    <State>packed</State>
  </Pack>

this should be "theb", not "atheb"

Also, in mainmenu.xml:

<objects>
	<script file="gui/common/music.js"/>
	<script file="gui/common/functions_global_object.js"/>
	<script file="gui/common/functions_utility_error.js"/>
	<script file="gui/pregame/mainmenu.js"/>
	<script directory="gui/pregame/backgrounds/"/>

"gui/common/functions_utility_error.js" was removed in 19781.

AI fails because it is missing the function for gameState.getPhaseEntityRequirements(this.phasing).length) in binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/ai/petra/headquarters.js.  This is a separate file under binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/ai/petra/phaseRequirements.js listed in D654

This file is missing.

This is from github 6/20/17 files.

Edited by panther42
add information
  • Like 1

Sorry for confusion. I messed up on the getPhaseEntityRequirements function.  It is actually line 2201 of headquarters.js:

this.checkPhaseRequirements(gameState, queues);

This function is in binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/ai/petra/phaseRequirements.js, which is missing

Edited by panther42

3 hours ago, panther42 said:

Sorry for confusion. I messed up on the getPhaseEntityRequirements function.  It is actually line 2201 of headquarters.js:

this.checkPhaseRequirements(gameState, queues);

This function is in binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/ai/petra/phaseRequirements.js, which is missing

Thanks for the reports. The three problems are fixed and synced to the DE repo.

• Like 1

lo acabo de probar hace poco y me encanto tienen muy buenas ideas exelentes diria yo , aunque cuando juego contra los romanos principados no hacen nada no se si sea mi computador , y bueno ya que han agregado varias facciones griegas, faltan los pueblos germanos y teotoburgo  

16903307_417705828574540_3582071671999951015_o.jpg

25 minutes ago, tlauick_19 said:

aunque cuando juego contra los romanos principados no hacen nada no se si sea mi computador

Es porque lo que hace Justus con los principiates cambia bastante la jugabilidad y el código de la IA no soporta esos cambios, por eso es que no hacen mucho si los juega la máquina. En resumen, no es problema de tu computador.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tlauick_19 said:

l y bueno ya que han agregado varias facciones griegas, faltan los pueblos germanos y teotoburgo  

Estamos planeando con Justus otros pueblos clásicos alrededor de Grecia ,  Tracia y Escitas. Y teutoburgo es una localidad no un pueblo. Era un lugar pantanoso.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen