Questions Regarding Gameplay

Gyrion

This will probably be where I ask most of my questions to the community who I must say are really helpful and nice. I really like Athens both historically and in game but idk how to beat many factions like especially Sparta with Athens do I spam Scythian Archers? and defend or rush with City Guard and Cav?

Vanilla:

Here's a popular gameplay pattern. Keep spamming Cavalry and kill as many women as you can.

What you described (Get to City Phase Fast and Mass Spam your Champions) is the classic way.

Since many already said that you can't stop rushes once it gets going, the two best things you have to do is:
1. Prevent the rush. Be quicker than your opponent.
2. Do a counter rush. Be quicker than your opponent.

Greek Factions like Athens and Sparta? There are Champion Mercenaries in Phase 2. Build the Royal Stoa, gather your resources Wood, Food, and Metal (take note of the population too), and start training them. Scythian Archers are in Phase 3 if you can build them, do it for the sake of it. A mixture of Unit Types is actually better.

Melee Units to tank frontal damage, while the range units do the support damage.

Delenda Est:

I haven't got a clue just yet. This one requires you to know your faction, your opponent's faction, your playstyle, etc. In other words: your strength vs. your opponent's strength.

Edited by sphyrth

@sphyrth Thank you so much again dude one of the most helpful people around honestly you and the other guys on my previous post with Sparta and just rushing etc. helped me win a team game with my friends following all your strategies yesterday now a 1343 rating (not great yet but getting better)

• Like 3