Speeding up development

Hartassen

I stumbled upon this game by having a video pop up in my youtube feed. Since then I've installed and played it a bunch of hours. So far I love it but I'm saddened that development has been so slow. I saw you did an indiegogo in 2013. Has there been any attempts at kickstarter or any other funding page since then? 

I appreciate the fact that you guys are trying to release the game completely free but I would really like to see this game complete and I think steam EA would be perfect for that. Of course you'd have to charge and I know you don't want that but you could set the price really low. I just hope you find a way to fund the development of this game because I think it needs to get finished. There are no old RTS games being developed besides this (afaik) and I can't stand the new RTS games.

Anyway I appreciate all your hard work and if you have a kickstarter or something else going on let me know. I'd happily give money if I knew it would lead to you guys  being able to be paid and focus fully on this game.

Welcome to the forums! The devs would give you a good response to all of this, but here's mine

The Game NEEDS to be Finished
The devs are on their way. They also see the need for the game to get this game out of Alpha. We all share your concern.

The Development is Slow
What you're witnessing is the primary side-effect of Open Source. People working on their free-time without payment for the time and resources they've spent on it. I can't refute this point, but I'd like that they keep it Open Source because it's the only RTS game with a Tripla A potential that has an "Open Source" brand that I know.

Coders > Money
Don't get me wrong. They DO need money. But talented/skilled developers with a lot of time and willpower is a greater need right now. Right now, they're only a handful with so many tickets to address.

Similar Games
There's a game that I think meets your current criteria: Empires Apart

1. It's being funded
2. It also brings the old-school RTS with modern touches.
3. It will be released somewhere in the second half of this year.

I support that game being finished while considering it as 0 A.D.'s proprietary twin/rival. If you want to see what 0 A.D.'s might look like when it's close to being finished, check out a mod called Delenda Est. Just think of it as "0 A.D. on Steriods"

• Like 3

A this point is impossible Pay for the game. To many de su and artist do this free under legal conditions.

example artist like my work under Creative Commons 3.0 by SA.

--------------

many of us are volunteer, other have a job or are learning or studying.

-----------

There plenty of several task , only can make if all volunteer , I mean all people 2003-2017) start to work together to complete.

even with that is enough , we need make great logistic.

----------

paying professionals take tame because, they need learn all about , 0 A.D,MThe engine, the simulation, the Ai, the pathfinder.

@elexis

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sphyrth said:

Welcome to the forums! The devs would give you a good response to all of this, but here's mine

The Game NEEDS to be Finished
The devs are on their way. They also see the need for the game to get this game out of Alpha. We all share your concern.

The Development is Slow
What you're witnessing is the primary side-effect of Open Source. People working on their free-time without payment for the time and resources they've spent on it. I can't refute this point, but I'd like that they keep it Open Source because it's the only RTS game with a Tripla A potential that has an "Open Source" brand that I know.

Coders > Money
Don't get me wrong. They DO need money. But talented/skilled developers with a lot of time and willpower is a greater need right now. Right now, they're only a handful with so many tickets to address.

Similar Games
There's a game that I think meets your current criteria: Empires Apart

1. It's being funded
2. It also brings the old-school RTS with modern touches.
3. It will be released somewhere in the second half of this year.

I support that game being finished while considering it as 0 A.D.'s proprietary twin/rival. If you want to see what 0 A.D.'s might look like when it's close to being finished, check out a mod called Delenda Est. Just think of it as "0 A.D. on Steriods"

Thanks for your response, I looked at empires apart and the graphics seem.. ugh. I don't know, I much rather prefer 0 AD.

19 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

A this point is impossible Pay for the game. To many de su and artist do this free under legal conditions.

example artist like my work under Creative Commons 3.0 by SA.

--------------

many of us are volunteer, other have a job or are learning or studying.

-----------

There plenty of several task , only can make if all volunteer , I mean all people 2003-2017) start to work together to complete.

even with that is enough , we need make great logistic.

----------

paying professionals take tame because, they need learn all about , 0 A.D,MThe engine, the simulation, the Ai, the pathfinder.

@elexis

It's too bad that it's like this. The game has great potential.

Edited by Hartassen
  • Like 1