What monitor do you use?

Earlier in the week I bought a ViewSonic VX2778 which has a 2560x1440 resolution. I found out only after buying it that I also needed an HDMI 2.0 cable

http://www.audioholics.com/hdtv-formats/understanding-difference-hdmi-versions

whoops!

Oh and I needed a new graphics card too. My AMD integrated graphics can only manage 1,200px but the new graphics card (a cheap one) can handle 1,600px maximum (required for 1440p). If I had known this, then I would have bought a cheaper screen but it's too late now. I've got the expensive 27" which weighs 6kg, I don't know if my existing mount would hold the new screen but nevermind, it's so big that you can always see it no matter what viewing angel.

Happy coding! :banana:

I didn't realise there was a dancing banana on this forum.

Update: another thing to be aware of is the presence of Display Port cables - if your graphics card doesn't have a socket for Display Port, then you'll need to buy an HDMI cable and use HDMI instead. When I bought this monitor it only came with a Display Port cable, and my existing HDMI cable most likely didn't have the bandwidth for the 1440p! Watch out lads.

Edited by jeffnz

Some vague product of a monitor that I have to check when I get home:
1024x768 VGA

Personally, I couldn't care less if every 0 A.D. iteration continues breaks a lot of UI elements on my screen. As long as I can play my game, I can deal with it. I plan on getting a widescreen anyway.

4 hours ago, sphyrth said:

Some vague product of a monitor that I have to check when I get home:
1024x768 VGA

Personally, I couldn't care less if every 0 A.D. iteration continues breaks a lot of UI elements on my screen. As long as I can play my game, I can deal with it. I plan on getting a widescreen anyway.

You always could set gui.scale to 1.1 (or near), and all elements will be visible, only fonts will be ugly, but I hope, we'll fix this. 

• Like 2