Help Needed

panagiotis

2 hours ago, panagiotis said:

Guys me and my brother were trying to play from 2 pcs that use the same router,but when i was hosting my brother couldnt join(although other players could join normally).What should i do? 

Do you mean people from internet by "other players"? If you use router, you need to give your brother a local IP of your computer (usually, like 192.168....) and a port, which you setup.

Which OS do you and your brother use? Security systems of some OSs could block connections to strange ports.

2 hours ago, elexis said:

We've always wondered why that doesn't work if two players are behind the same router and one of them hosts in the lobby. It ought to be possible for the other to join

Perhaps, because lobby returns outside IP, but user could use NAT, so we couldn't join to user in the same net by outside IP? (If understood you correctly).

Edited by vladislavbelov

3 hours ago, elexis said:

We've always wondered why that doesn't work if two players are behind the same router and one of them hosts in the lobby. It ought to be possible for the other to join

AFAIK many routers block requests to their own global IP. At least for mine (Speedport W 723V Type A) that holds true.

EDIT: (I'd guess that's to keep "market gaps" for hosting anything isn't filled by private persons. I wonder why we don't get money for using such routers for generating the market...)