===[TASK]=== Greek Unit Texture (General Thread)

wackyserious

18 hours ago, wackyserious said:

What was the ethnicity of the Royal Agema Infantry of the Ptolemies? Were they Macedonians?

In general, they were Greek, yes.  But it was apparently fairly diverse because the Guard was made of up high nobles and those close to the Pharaoh.  At the time, a lot of those close to the Pharaoh were of Greek descent, but there were some native Egyptians as well.

• 1 month later...

I have backups in my flashdrives, I have also provided wowgetoffyourcellphone with some of my recent WIPs from last month.

I'm planning to upload some of the textures which I think are already finished in the following days. I'm just double checking if there are mistakes in the textures, I tend to rework the textures alot, I often see mistakes in my works and try my best to correct and improve them. :)

That is the main reason why I don't often post the textures with my progress reports.

• Like 2

Anyone who's knowledgeable about the hellenic linothorax? I have a question about pteruges (armor flaps or strips) Particularly about shoulder pteruges.

The Macedonians were depicted to be wearing them and even the Romans. But did the Athenians or the other Hellenic groups also used shoulder pteruges?

8 minutes ago, wackyserious said:

Anyone who's knowledgeable about the hellenic linothorax? I have a question about pteruges (armor flaps or strips) Particularly about shoulder pteruges.

The Macedonians were depicted to be wearing them and even the Romans. But did the Athenians or the other Hellenic groups also used shoulder pteruges?

Even the celts.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone You know more about Greeks than me.