unfair gaming

panagiotis

I was playing 1v1 rated game with Slawkes (1272) and because he was loosing he decided to end the game without resigning :( .Why do hosts have that opportunity to leave the game when everything is against them.Personally every time i host a game,i resign prior to quiting the game if i am loosing.My proposal is to count the game normally if the host leaves for any reason.

• Like 3

Rated games are at the moment more like a proof of concept. The rating system in the current state of the game leaves many gaps for improper results.

There was a team decision that we don't want to focus on rated games and IMO the rating system should thus not be part of the official package (for an unfair rating system is IMO worse than no rating system).

• Like 1

There was? As far as I know some members of the team want it, others don't.

The rating system is popular amongst the lobby players, many of them are working hard for their rating and it is interesting to follow the fights for the ladder.

The main flaw with the rating system is that players can just leave a game if they lose and it will never be rated. But we can fix this once we have a dedicated server system, then Wildfire Games could host each rated game and punish players who lose their network connection by accident or on purpose and also prevent players banning their opponent from the match.

(Caveat: It will probably have to simulate the game itself too so as not to trust the players statements on who has won)

Mostly WildfireGames should be able to host rated games, so that we can figure out who left the game. Especially it is also possible to just ban the opponent from the match. So it's currently not possible to count the game as a loss without rewriting many things.

If you see that player online next time, ping me and we can perhaps make him resign a game to give you the rating and if he repeats the offense, he can become banned.

• Like 1