Need help making/loading maps

tls5669

Im having problems making and loading maps in the editor. Loading a map with anymore than 4 players never load, and creating any map over the tiny size (which i hate) never loads either. Anyone maybe have a solution. Oh and BTW hail people!

Edited by tls5669

13 hours ago, feneur said:

Does loading bigger maps work in-game?

No

I get this error

Much to our regret we must report the program has encountered an error.

Please let us know at http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ and attach the crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp files.

Details: unhandled exception (Access violation reading 0x00003210)

Call stack:

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 0 (No error reported here)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

I doubt that would help, if people don't read it now I don't think they will read it later. I do think we could make error reporting easier though, maybe it would be possible for the game to gather up the relevant files into a zip file and include a link that would open in the file browser of their operating system, so it would just be to take that and upload. But if nothing else we should most likely at least include a link to the game data paths page in the wiki so people would have an idea where to find them.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, feneur said:

I doubt that would help, if people don't read it now I don't think they will read it later. I do think we could make error reporting easier though, maybe it would be possible for the game to gather up the relevant files into a zip file and include a link that would open in the file browser of their operating system, so it would just be to take that and upload. But if nothing else we should most likely at least include a link to the game data paths page in the wiki so people would have an idea where to find them.

Yes that(will or be)  my second suggestion. With other language people is worst.

6 minutes ago, tls5669 said:

All the jibber jabber doesnt help me any

Admittedly there was a lot of other text as well, so I don't blame you for missing it, but the info was there: Attach the files (crashlog.txt and crashlog.dmp, though if I read the error message correctly the latter might not exist) to a reply in this topic, to find them go to the linked page, or if you're on Windows just click the "Open logs folder" menu item in the Start menu.

• Like 1