Update to Ubuntu Zesty 17.04 and libboost-filesystem1.58.0 missing

Grugnas

Hi, yesterday I upgraded my Ubuntu distro from 16.04 to 17.04 and now the SVN client won't update nor run.

I get this error whenever i try to run svn client:

error while loading shared libraries: libboost_filesystem.so.1.58.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I even checked on my installed packages and it results that i have the liboost-all-dev.1.62.0  installed.  Should I really disinstall it and get the older one?  I don't want to make a mess.

• Like 1

Hello, you should clean your development environment up, as a lot of library packages have been updated (notably boost in your case).

Just go to your SVN copy and run

cd build/workspaces/gcc
make clean
cd ../
./clean-workspaces.sh

And then you can update your workspaces again, then build, it will use the correct libraries and produce a working version of the game for your machine :)

• Like 1

No that won't be enough because the update to 17.04 seems to remove the libboost-filesystem-dev package (I had the same problem yesterday when switching to 17.04 and had to reinstall it with apt get). So check that you have libboost-dev and libboost-filesystem-dev packages installed and then proceed as Itms said.

• Like 1