Impressions after discovering this game

Hello, everyone! I've just discovered this amazing game a couple of days before. I want to thank and congratulate you for all the work done here. Also, I want to thank all enthusiasts and people of the community who are not developers but contribute with testing, suggestion and support.

Now, I would like to share with you some of my impressions:

First of all, I'd say this is the most beautiful libre and driven community game I ever saw. It drove me years back in time when I used to play Age of Mythology.
However I didn't felt some comfortable with some mechanics like "soldier citizen" gathering resources, capturing buildings and more. I don't say they are bad, I'm just not used to it. So I wanted to share this impressions and I found in the forum some posts of @DarcReaver from around 2015 saying that the gameplay was broken because of the lack of design and it summarizes some of the feelings I had in my firsts games. I just didn't feel like the game mechanics were cohesive (it's just my impressions, I'm not criticizing your work). Then I saw this topic about game design and it made me feel relieved because you are willing to do a good design and to argument to each other the pros and cons of including features as battalions and so.

So, I personally believe in community driven projects and I think you have in your hands something with invaluable potential. I hope we'll enjoy one of the best RTS ever made in few years.

I would like to ask if Pyrogenesis engine might be used to make other games in the future. My favorite RTS is Supreme Commander and would like to dream with a future clone of it.

Finally, I have some suggestions (little ones and huge) so I guess I'll public other topics.

Really, thank you all. This is one of my dreams when I was a little boy.

Edited by IberianJavelinMan
Adding citation
  • Like 8