Resign or else

mickmca

I just finished a game by resigning after I had carefully destroyed even any remaining Gaia buildings. I then had ten Cav scour the map looking for whatever I'd missed: nothing. When I checked the stats after resigning, it turned out, as near as I can tell, that Green still had a fishing boat somewhere in the vast sea of Corsica/Sicily. As near as I can tell, remaining humans are neutralized once all their buildings are gone, so you don't have to track down every last remaining foot soldier to win the game. I can see making me track down triremes, but fishing boats?

1 hour ago, mickmca said:

No docks. I don't have any way to tell if the ship was "manned."

Can be seen in the replay when clicking on the unit. The last rework of that "ConquestCritical" entity flag was in #3229. I recall players can still survive with docks (so they could still be able to produce military and trade ships. Docks give population too, so if one has many docks, one could do something with it. Should probably remove it though.)

Looking at the fishing ship template, the "-ConquestCritical" removal doesn't exist there either, so should likely be added there. While at it, might think whether we find some other units that shouldn't stop the player from getting defeated. Someone said he survived a game with a Healers. Same story... He could do something with it, but on the other side, he won't be able to rebuild.

• Like 2