[April Fools] 0 A.D.'s MUST HAVE Features

Having played this game so much, I have these nagging thoughts in my head that I think that 0 A.D. should have as its primary features that the devs aren’t talking about. So to digress you no further, let’s just jump into them:

1. Tech: Black Market – Allows you to Trade with enemy Markets. Your Trading Carts won’t be visible on your allies’ maps (You wouldn’t call it a Black Market if it’s very easy to see). Also, while this Tech is active, both opposing players can’t kill their opponents’ Trade Carts. They’re immune from it all. Of course, there should be an option for either player to break his Black Market Tech. It brings diplomacy to the next level.

2. Roman Hero: Spartacus – I don’t know why he’s left out of the potential heroes. Please don’t argue that he was Thracian / Gaul / Barbarian or whatever. He was in Rome when he became a nightmare to his enemies and had the Romans make a terrifying display of crucifixion against anyone who would go against the nation right after the prime of his reign. As a fully trained combatant, he should be able to change weapons at will. I know that it would be a real challenge on the development side (both code and arts), but I believe that Rome is lacking this great hero.

3. Attack Animation: Headbutt – I’m looking forward for Shield Bashing Animations but given the fact that some factions have soldiers equipped with spiked helmets, let’s not discount that headbutting might be employed as an ancient martial art on the battlefield. We’re not Total War, where everything is organized in disciplined formations. Sometimes we get into real 1-1 situations, so I think this suggestion is justified.

4. Alpha 23 Name: Wololo – I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but I’m going to suggest this anyway. I want more people to know about this terrifying incantation that’s plagued history even before the Dark Ages. I believe that its conversion power is very symbolic to how many people who have been “converted” to 0 A.D.

I respect the devs’ dedication, time, and effort that was put into this game. But I was just surprised that these features that could possibly make the game unique in its own right wasn’t even being planned. I hope you guys consider these suggestions.

• Like 1

You would LITERALLY stick your neck out in a flurry of swords when you have a perfectly good one yourself? There are more complications with how a headbutt would look without reciprocation, the total war duel-style animations would actually suit that kind of combat better.

12 minutes ago, LordGood said:

You would LITERALLY stick your neck out in a flurry of swords when you have a perfectly good one yourself? There are more complications with how a headbutt would look without reciprocation, the total war duel-style animations would actually suit that kind of combat better.

How are programmed  these style of battles?

1-prefer a literary black market in some maps as Neutral buildings.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

Some martial momevement from this era, may be. Boxing.

1. Attack Animation: Headbutt – I’m looking forward for Shield Bashing Animations but given the fact that some factions have soldiers equipped with spiked helmets, let’s not discount that headbutting might be employed as an ancient martial art on the battlefield. We’re not Total War, where everything is organized in disciplined formations. Sometimes we get into real 1-1 situations, so I think this suggestion is justified.

• sphyrth changed the title to [April Fools] 0 A.D.'s MUST HAVE Features