[Feature Request] send signal a point on the map to teammates

andy5995

• 4 years later...
40 minutes ago, andy5995 said:

Looks like this was implemented and the ticket closed:  https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/3491

And an open ticket for a map flare (though I don't know yet what the difference is) https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/6078

sound its the same. BTW i suggest a automatically Flare send in teammates. whey? whey not? everybody should do it at beginning.

12 hours ago, andy5995 said:

You can use K+Right click to send a flare. I don't know what you mean by "automatically"...

he means signaling the position of each player to his/her allies.

sounds like a good idea to me, although it's not better than each player giving the position in chat, so that you know where's who.

• Thanks 1

How do you communicate via chat your position? Does the map always have the same orientation for all players? Then using something like "I'm at 3 o'clock between the 2 mountains". But the flare is really nice - and easier. ;) Sometimes, I wish it would not disappear so fast. :blush:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceres said:

How do you communicate via chat your position? Does the map always have the same orientation for all players? Then using something like "I'm at 3 o'clock between the 2 mountains". But the flare is really nice - and easier. ;) Sometimes, I wish it would not disappear so fast. :blush:

yes it does. it is a well established convention to comunicate the position on the clock by just typing the number at the beginning of the match. it's very fast and simple and just good enough for most maps.

45 minutes ago, alre said:

position on the clock by just typing

yes works usually without errors ;) but not always. sometimes (me) you spin the map as first action. or you type accidentally the wrong number. i want have me always at the bottom / footer. then i may send the wrong.

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

i solved autoFlare at beginng by using a autoKey - script (works in linux).

BTW something will/cant probably not implemented into the boonGUI-mod (https://github.com/LangLangBart/boonGUI/issues/93#issuecomment-1042840502 )

is use my recommended hotkey Alt+c (select cavalry. i do it always at beginning in the first minute as last step)
at same time it flares the first time if i use Alt+c . only the first time

from pathlib import Path
home = str(Path.home())import time
keyboard.press_key('<backspace>')
time.sleep(.12)
mouse.click_relative(500,500,1)
time.sleep(.2)
keyboard.release_key('<backspace>')
# deactivate the hotkey by replacing
# keep this script inside the autokey GUI open and you only need to save for reset the correct hotkey
with open(home + '/.config/autokey/data/Sample Scripts/.0ad_flare2allies_atBeginning.json', 'r') as file:
    data = file.read().replace('"<alt>"', '"<a l t>"')
with open(home + '/.config/autokey/data/Sample Scripts/.0ad_flare2allies_atBeginning.json', 'w') as file:
    file.write(data)

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1