ELITE UNITS

luedios

The elite units are almost unbeatable. An army of 40 elite units can kill 200 normal units. Every game i have lost is because the enemy made those units. They cost a lot yes, but that doesn't really stop anyone from producing them. I believe a limit should be added to those units, like no one can make over 10 of them or 20. Full upgraded elite units are pretty much immortal, there is no way to counter them. I once lost 110 units to 20 elite men. Totally removing elite units wouldn't be good. The idea of every nation having their elite units is cool but at one pint they become too op and unkillable. Please game designers do something about this  and I know i am not the first one with this issue. Just add a limit to those units. (10-20 preferably).

otherwise great game though!

I assume you are talking about Champion units. This is less because of the inflated stats. and more because of the armor. They take very less percentage of damage as compared to normal units.

It needs to be rectified by limiting the increase in stats to about 30%/40% increase and only 2 point increase in armor.

Champion Units are supposed to be your main military force, so it's understandable that Citizen Soldiers can't easily beat them.

In Alpha 21, Champion Units have increased train time, so they're not as easy to spam as before and that's why Citizen Soldiers get most of the action. Unless you're fighting against Gauls, Athenians, or Spartans, I don't understand how you could let your enemy get to 20 Champions.

What I'm getting at here is that you either have to practice out-pacing the enemy, or at least slow him down enough so you can produce your champions sooner than him. Maybe you produced too much economic units (Citizen Soldiers), and neglected to train the real military units (Champions and Heroes).

• Like 3

I do not think removing the champions unit is so affordable, they represent a major source of the game, you will probably come across more enhanced samples, in this case, the enemy will have improved up its own unit by the fucina.Ma believe me 40 normal samples may not destroying 200 towns units, my strategy to put the enemy on his knees, is to improve my units, go to raid the enemy with the old, old, weak garrison, in order to buy time and distract the enemy from there attack samples and do the great massacres.XD

• Like 2

For single player mode it's enjoyable to have all unique units either built or captured. For 0AD the only unit you can capture are some siege units. Unless there will come a time when like other RTS games units can be converted. 

Believe me not I played one RTS game which I captured every single unique units of a civilization(7 enemy on 8 player game) from ancient to gunpowder on the hardest difficulty. IDC how I did it and for how long but I enjoyed it. This might much much more enjoyable if 0AD have monks or healers convert units. You can make it harder but it's ok. 

Edited by Servo