Northgard- one awaited RTS fantasy of this year.

I like the seasons. Hmm, let's say in 0 A.D. if it had seasons, combat would be nerfed somehow in the winter, as well as food production, so large attacks are difficult and booming pop in Winter becomes problematic unless lots of food stored up in the summer. So, each match gets a rhythmic cycle.

I like clean the UI btw.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 2

On 19.3.2017 at 1:44 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I like the seasons. Hmm, let's say in 0 A.D. if it had seasons, combat would be nerfed somehow in the winter, as well as food production, so large attacks are difficult and booming pop in Winter becomes problematic unless lots of food stored up in the summer. So, each match gets a rhythmic cycle.

I like clean the UI btw.

Something like this was tried by Relic on CoH2 and it was disastrous. It may sound cool, but ingame it's definately not that way, at least not in multiplayer. It's a cool feature on singleplayer though.

Edited by DarcReaver
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DarcReaver said:

Something like this was tried by Relic on CoH2 and it was disastrous. It may sound cool, but ingame it's definately not that way, at least not in multiplayer. It's a cool feature on singleplayer though.

Yeah, when I think more about it I think you're right about multiplayer. While I don't think it's impossible to do right, I think a lot of players would get frustrated with it, unless you did it so that raids in winter time are fun and challenging, or winter time was used by players for other tasks, depends on how the game is structured. But sure, to just shoehorn it into 0 a.d. or any other RTS without some serious restructuring would be a disaster, as you say. Singleplayer would definitelely be enhanced though, I think, especially scenarios or campaigns.