Battle of Numantia. Celtiberian wars

viridis

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie but wanted to test how the 0ad map editor works so I tried a map of the Battle of Numantia (Celtiberian city that was besieged by the romans) in the 2nd century BC. It is unfinished, but I share it in this post. You are free to use it.

The terrain is more or less accurate as I have copied it from the map (however I have drawn it by hand), aswell as the roman fortification spots. Tell me if it is interesting in order to develop it more or not.

The city finally was burnt by their own inhabitants to avoid the romans to take it and they killed themselves before becoming slaves.

Numancia.xml

Numancia.pmp

screenshot0053.jpg

screenshot0052.jpg

screenshot0051.jpg

Edited by viridis
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

First of all. Thank you very much, Viridis.
I found your map last week while looking for a nice numantine scenario and I decided to finish it, trying to make to make it accurate, beautiful and playable. I attach some pictures.
I actually made two Scenarios from it: "First battle of Numantia" and "Siege of Numantia". I will upload them in two comments.
But I found several problems that make these scenarios impossible to play. I number them as follows:
1. The AI, doesn't not attack, build, create units, nor make any attempt to win. Just defend.
2. Many errors appear in cascade as I load it to play, since I donwloaded the base map. And I guess they have something to do with the AI unactivity.
3. Some scorpio units where placed in the original map and impossible to remove. So in some case I hid them with other elements, but I don't know if they can be the reason for some of the errors.
4. How can I garrison units inside the Roman forts in the scenario editor, so they don't become Gaia's when I start playing?
Please, feel free to comment, download it, explore it or try to repair it. I hope we can resolve this errors (I really have no idea how to do so) so we all can play this scenario that took me time to improve and that I really want to try out. Thank you!

SIEGE OF NUMANTIA

screenshot0056.png

screenshot0067.png

screenshot0071.png

screenshot0068.png

screenshot0064.png

Siege of Numantia.pmp

Siege of Numantia.xml

• Like 2

3. Some scorpio units where placed in the original map and impossible to remove. So in some case I hid them with other elements, but I don't know if they can be the reason for some of the errors.

Possible they are actors and not an entity.

4. How can I garrison units inside the Roman forts in the scenario editor, so they don't become Gaia's when I start playing?

You can't, but the bug was solved in A22.

• Like 1

Hi again,

Yesterday I posted the scenario "Siege of Numantia".

You can also download now the scenario "First Battle of Numantia" (where the land is the same, but the buildings and troops different) from this drompbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vjrbcqdpv8kp2ga/AABZoZlNNQ5CpdJTM2n-qxtea?dl=0

This is the description of the "First Battle of Numantia" scenario (you have some screenshots attached with the files since it doesn't allow me to upload more mg here):

"Numantia is famous for its role in the Celtiberian Wars. In the year 153 BC Numantia experienced its first serious conflict with Rome, when it hosted the rebel inhabitants of Sekaiza. In the year 153 a. C Fulvius Nobilior attacked Numantia with a huge Roman army and cavalry support of the Numidian King Massinissa, including elephants, which unexpectedly went uncontrollable and charged against the Roman soldiers. That fact changed the course of the battle that ended with the Iberian victory."

The play starts with the battle where Gaia elephants attack roman troops. As iberian you are quite near the action and can decide if joining the battle (to inflict more damage to the roman troops but putting at the same time your units in risk with the elephants smashing everything around) or complete the retreat of your troops to your town walls.

It has the same issues as the other scenario. Any help or comments would be higly appreciated.