New american faction idea!

zimeth

I haven't played the game yet, but I've been going through most of information the main website gives and I was surprised, that with so many factions, there's still not a single one from the American continent. Europeans started colonising America in the late 15th century and 16th century and met native cultures, such as the Aztecs, the Mayans and the Incas (there are actually many more, but these are the most known, imo). This doesn't mean we should forget about the evolution of these cultures... if the game is centered around the year 0, then there are many mesoamerican and south-american cultures, from which we can draw conclusion about the characteristics of these cultures and form them into a faction of this game! These cultures were very advanced at that time too, so not having a "native american faction" in the game is just missed potential, in my opinion.

I've been studying a bit about these cultures, because I have just never heard about them much in school or anywhere else and that is exactly, why I'm trying to raise awareness here and possibly enhance the game.

We can use this thread as a discussion about these cultures and pick out their outstanding characteristics.

A short video, which shows the Pre-Colombian-American cultures:

Edited by zimeth