T

Tiber7

Nice to see this!

I'll repeat something I said in an internal discussion related to possible campaigns. You neither need to necessarily have the player defeat the enemy to "win" (or rather end) a scenario in a campaign, nor are we limited to telling the story from only one side. Switching sides might be a lot more relevant for a possible Second Punic War campaign though.

• Like 4

I think it would be nice to have some missions where the main objective is not to build a city and win a battle like standard map. Say, for example:

• a trigger choice-map similar to:
  • a mission where you don't have to build anything, you have some champions/hero and you have to reach some objectives (kill a single unit, capture a specific building, rescue a monk, reach a fortress, ...);
  • survive for X minutes (not necessarily a tower defence map).

This would add some variations on the playability.

• Like 8

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Cool, I see the battle of Messana looks great. Can you post the map so that we can try it?

By the way, how are the other battles going? Has anyone got work in progress? If so, please let us know in order not to duplicate work.

Lately I was trying to build maps from height maps so I could help in this project. Is it ok if I try to make some preliminary maps for the battles suggested? Is anyone working on this?

Thanks. Good work!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Are the technical game mechanics (triggers etc.) already supported by the underling Pyrogenesis engine and 0 A.D.?

Is the goal of this project simply to show case the capabilities of the engine and to make a nice campaign or do you still have to implement a larger portion of triggers and other game mechanics as well?

13 minutes ago, balduin said:

Are the technical game mechanics (triggers etc.) already supported by the underling Pyrogenesis engine and 0 A.D.?

They are, but not certain at what point, but surely we will use them. Check this if you are not aware of it https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Triggers, besides there are a few maps using them. But to be fair, we haven't got to that point, so any task/possible trigger use said right now might change in the future.

13 minutes ago, balduin said:

Is the goal of this project simply to show case the capabilities of the engine and to make a nice campaign or do you still have to implement a larger portion of triggers and other game mechanics as well?

The goal of the project it's to have a playable campaign, not limited to destroying/wiping the enemy. We will use triggers, but not implement more, we are not programmers nor is in our scope, we might ask help from the devs team in any given situatio|n relating to triggers/core game.

Edited by Skhorn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • Tiber7 changed the title to T