Ifrates aura

soloooy0

Every civ should have a hero that's useful in multiplayer, IMO.

I think Iphicrates' formation bonus should be changed to an aura like other heroes, not a formation buff. At least until formations are implemented in full.

Themistocles' bonus is sometimes useful and Pericles' building speed bonus isn't exactly desirable by the time you get to City phase.

I also think at least one Iberian hero should receive a simple aura like + attack or speed simply to give them a boost late game while their intended bonuses are worked out over time. Same with Mauryans, currently their heroes don't have a viable aura.

• Like 4

Agree with Finch because f.e. Brasidas from Sparta grants +1 armor to the own skirmishers / champion skirmishers in range and Boudica gives +25% movement speed to all Champions in range, but since champions infantry and cavalry have different movement speed each other and from Boudica, it could be messy manage units in order to always get the buff, and it would make sense having a movement speed buff in formation because all units will move at same movement speed, in particular to the slowest moving speed unit.

Also notice that Iphicrate has a formation bonus auras and a global aura that applies to javelin units only, and since they could even be in another formation with another kind of units,  the hero aura is restricted to very limited situations.

Themistocle bonus could even apply to champion train time because they are trainable only in determinated situations (f.e. in mainland or savanna biome often there is no water at all).

Agree on Pericle too.

Edited by Grugnas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Grugnas said:

Also notice that Iphicrate has a formation bonus auras and a global aura that applies only to peltalts which are mercenaries soldiers(actually it doesn't apply to champion mercenary skirmishers aviable from the Stoa and it makes spartan mercenaries more valuable due an appliable aura) that may not be in the same formation of Iphicrate and they could even be in another formation with another kind of units making the hero aura restricted to very limited situations.

Grugnas errs in the place where he mentions that the Peltast Aura doesn't work for Skirmisher Champions, but otherwise I wholly agree with Finch and him.

Skirmisher Champions get from 16 to 18.4 in speed with Iphicrates Peltast Aura and to 21.2 within formation.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Hannibal_Barca said:

Skirmisher Champions get from 16 to 18.4 in speed with Iphicrates Peltast Aura and to 21.2 within formation

Thanks for have noticed my error, but that 21.2 whitin formation is clearly not intended because as far as i remember, units whitin formation move at same speed of the slowest unit. If you try to move Iphicrates' formation and a lone skirmisher, you'll notice that the lone skirmisher will move faster.

Probably units in formation should show all the same movement speed.

Edited by Grugnas