Bing Maps API looks like fun

I started my course this week and I tried out the Bing Maps plugin for Visual Studio. Microsoft has a good video which explains what their engineers are working on. Personally I think that Bing Maps is terrible because when I search for a street name, it finds that street ... in America! Then I add [street name] Christchurch and it finds Christchurch in the UK. In the end I have to put "Christchurch New Zealand" on the end of each search. It seems that the Maps app in Windows 10 is the one you're supposed to use, not bing.com/maps

Microsoft is doing advanced things with maps but the most impressive project is Microsoft Cognitive Services.

Also, for no reason: go into File Explorer if you're using Windows 10, type "datemodified:" into File Explorer's search box and a calendar appears. You can hold shift to select multiple months (to search in). Another thing: you can restart Windows Shell by using the Task Manager - select the File Explorer process (it's always running) then "end task" changes to "restart" - this means restart the Windows Shell (if you click it). If you have trouble with your Windows desktop environment, you need to restart the shell :)

... random stuff I've learned this week.

Edited by jeffnz
I added a URL to the second sentence (video URL)
  • Like 1