Weird UnitAI behavuor

wowgetoffyourcellphone

I have notice a newish bug with unit AI behavior. 

The AI player's units will spontaneously gather around buildingss. 1 unit per building. Happens every match, hinder the AI player and reduce the challenge. Units will gather around all types of building, not just house. Can you diagnose problem or do you need extra files?

@mimo whoever. :)

pyrogenesis_2017-02-22_02-40-36-63.png

pyrogenesis_2017-02-05_01-38-19-49.png\

I entertain the idea it is because of some mod changes, but I am not sure.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

I've just tried with your github version, and do not reproduce the problem. But the repository was not updated since 20 days, so certainly a recent change you did (it does not happen in vanilla game).

How can you say the units are gathering? they look idle in the screenshot. Have you tried the "display the selection state" in the developper overlay? what is the unitAI state of these units?

Just synced all my 22 day changes. Sorry about that. 

Also, sorry miscommunicattion. I mean they gather themselves to a building, not that they are try to gather from the building. Maybe wrong word choice.

EDIT: It looks like it may only happen with the Mauryans. 

EDIT2: Nope, happends to the Egyptians too. Looks like they are task to repair the buildings for some reason. I find this by using Display Selection State as mimo suggested. They reach the buildings and then just idle.

I've just tried with your newest version, and can't reproduce the problem. Maybe try to clear your cache.

it seems that the AI thinks the building is not yet finished  (it happened in the past when there was a rounding problem between  the hitpoints in the simulation and the one transfered to the AI. But that should be fixed now).

• Like 2

There was some rounding in the past done in the simulation which had created this kind of problems, but it was fixed by moving the rounding to the gui. So it should be ok (neither the sim nor the ai apply rounding anymore). Anyway, as i can't reproduce it, it must be something else.

Maybe you need a rebuild (I'm on linux).  There is a problem currently with jenkins, and windows builds fail. Have you tried to recompile yourself?

It's not such a big deal until the next autobuild, and then I'll see if problem persist. I do not know how to compile, no. I was just hoping it was a file I modded or something. I don't know why you can't reproduce it. Maybe because you on Linux and me on Windows?

I think a thought.

What if this is something to do with entity classes. I've had weird behavior in past when I didn't have the right entity classes in the templates -- in that case, it was that I split "Worker" into "Builder" and "Gatherer", so units stopped working right. I fixed that by putting "Worker" back into the classes -- Builder and Gatherer I put in visible classes.

Could the problem be class related then? 

• Like 1

If it was something like that, i would be able to reproduce it.  So either it is a problem concerning your setup (Window/Linux maybe, did you use the latest window build?) or i made something wrong when trying to reproduce. Could anybody else reproduce it?

• Like 1