Replay UI Bug (Linux [Mint] Only)

sphyrth

Everytime I select a player's view, every player's name gets displayed, with the one I selected on the topmost layer.

UI Bug.png

It's not much of an issue unless you want to click the "Follow Player's Actions" Button, which you can't. The display only goes back to normal when I switch to Observer View.

I can understand that this bug has gone unnoticed since it doesn't happen on Windows.

That follow player thing was added in alpha 20: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Alpha20_Timosthenes#ObserverReplaymode

Ah yes, could reproduce it and forgot that bug exists for 1024 :-/

With Alpha 22 the objectives icon was added, now the checkbox is even not clickable anymore because of that.

There is a plan to add the options to a new overlay (similar to the gamespeed option), at least the checkbox as the dropdown is very often used.

Then we could add more options too like focusing on military events only and potentially focusing on military events of all players.

If you have another idea on what to do (hiding the follow player checkbox altogether?), please enlighten me

• Like 1

Just now, elexis said:

If you have another idea on what to do (hiding the follow player checkbox altogether?), please enlighten me

Quite satisfied tsnce it's being addressed. Thanks!

But if you want a bit more 1024x768 UI display issues, then that would be the Tech Trees, and sometimes the end-game stats. I'll just throw them out there though I personally don't mind them.

Oh, my bad.

I meant that I should be able to click on the Follow Player button.

What happened was I selected a player's perspective (Sphyrth in the example). See that "Unassigned Player" text that seems to be a silhouette behind it? That's the bug. I don't think that "Unassigned Player" should be displayed as if it's just behind "Sphyrth".

Try that on replays with even more players and all the other player names will be displayed like that as well.

Not being able to click on the Follow Button is the another bug that came out of that.