AI Gameplay Suggestions

yeyei132

Hi I am here to give my suggestion and comment to the game Alpha 21.

Everything is fine for me until when the game is on it's End state(Late Game) 

-I notice it when playing 1v1 against human. Even the 50 population cap with r the Petra AI, it lags when it's late game. Because when I battle with human on 200-300 Population cap, 

there is no such lag.

Cease Fire but AI goes to my base

-Yes the AI goes to my base even if it's cease fire just to collect some resources like woods,animals etc. Should they have limit or not to touch the Players Territory. The map was large enough to hund animals and gather woods but why come to my base? 

AI build walls

-I think it is more fun to play with bots if they knew also how to build walls, So siege comes more realistic than just capture the civic, destroy it and and you win. Do you get my point? Even just the their Civic. Ex. I played red alert, When you play with easy enemy, they will not build walls to their Construction yard(Main Base like the Civic), But when you play against medium to Brutal enemy, they will build walls. 

AI Deathmatch mode

-Am I the only one who notice that? The deathmatch mode was on the Starting Resources option. I think it should be on the the difficulty of the enemy like, Put it on the Very Hard or Add it to and put, DeathMatch Mode = 0.5 or 2.0 Resources Multiplier for AI. 

AI Attacking behavior

-Maybe the AI should atleast save some people to their base so when they failed attacking my town, There are some people that will defend the base, but I'm not telling to save large armies. Ex. When the Population cap is 50, They will send 30 of their people and save 10 MALE soldiers and 10 Female Gatherer. Same goes with other Population cap.

Thanks for considering my suggestions. Because you know? I'm happy playing 0 A.D. because it is so addictive even it's taking so much time just to play 1 Game.  

Goodluck Administrators, Staffs on this sleeping success of yours. This game got strong potential on growing and neutralizing other CIV games. Just listen to the players suggestions especially on gameplays so if New players come to the game, and might like it, they will tell it to their friends and BOOM. Growing and growing Game. 

Happy Playing :)

The patch will only work in the development version of the game unfortunately.

In any case, the patch isn't really in a usable state, as the AI won't properly check for obstructions when placing the walls.

56 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

He did say it's a work in progress it is not finished yet and it's a patch you find it by trolling the issues on trac ;)

Enjoy the Choice :) 

A few months ago that may have been the case, but now code review is done using Phabricator. http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Phabricator

• 4 weeks later...