More than 8 Players / Maximum Players

mr_THUeN

It would be great if you offer a option with more than 8 players in multiplayer.

This is the main-problem with all the new RTS Games, especially if you want to play this game on LAN parties. Theres are usally more than 8 gamers.

Would be great if u can offer a higher limitation to max player size. Or an option in the map-editor.

Edited by mr_THUeN
  • Like 1

The problem is not really to add them. It's more about offering a correct game experience.  Eight players is quite intensive for the computers due to lack of optimizations such as multithreading on computers. So unless someone fixes our game lag issue it isn't likely to happen.

On a side note Mon resolution being 1024x768 it'd be quite annoying to get everything fitting for every language.

Nothing prevents you to mod it though. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_THUeN said:

It would be great if you offer a option with more than 8 players in multiplayer.

This is the main-problem with all the new RTS Games, especially if you want to play this game on LAN parties. Theres are usally more than 8 gamers.

Would be great if u can offer a higher limitation to max player size. Or an option in the map-editor.

Simple solution: do a tournament style schedule for the players to go up against each other. There's no reason why multiple matches can't be played on a robust LAN at the same time.

Like the guy (Stan) said... the lag would be incredibly high even on a LAN if there's so MANY people on one map and each computer would've been struggling to render each and every player's each and every unit and order.

I agree with what Stan said to you again... Feel free to experiment, but I have a feeling that you will find the 8+ player matches to be subpar.

4 hours ago, elexis said:
#4004: enhancement: Increase playerlimit

Unfortunately needs c++ changes throughout the engine and all random maps need to be reworked. Performance issues can be countered by reducing population capacity proportionally.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the maps set to an individually pre-determined limit? Like a certain map supports up to 2 players, and another map supports up to 3 players, so forth...

Am I missing something? :/

(I'm used to StarCraft: Brood War, and its maps btw)

Edited by Desophaeus

Yeah, and that is just the Random maps, with the new ones in Alpha 21 actually being square, which I know is a known oversight. Some of the Skirmish and Scenario maps could also use some attention. Mediterranean Coves has a few unreachable trees and/or bushes on the edges of the map or cliffs that aren't actors, which is probably also true of at least a few other maps, but that is the main one I have noticed since it is a favorite I play on a lot. There are also a few Scenarios that are also square, but that has been an ongoing discussion for awhile now, so I don't expect that to be changed overnight.

Edited by Zeta1127

Just setting isCircular = true works on first sight, but would remove a lot of fun on most of those new maps, as 3 of 4 corners of the most maps add to the experience, while 1 of those 4 corners adds space that worsens the experience. Don't think it's thad bad. The Howe Sound name has to be changed urgently though.

• Like 1