The dream of a game. (RTS)

I have a dream( isn't that kind of dream when you are awake) was  about a old classic game, a I want share with you or with who or want be interested.

I played in my dream , i was thinking the game was AoE I. For this days is regular I have this persistent idea. But this time wasn't like this.

i like pictures to illustrate what kind of things I saw.

The Scenario.

The kind of map was very similar to this. Caesar vs Pirates scenario mixing with Holyman ( from Voices of Babylon Campaing)

maxresdefault.jpg

But when hen started I was Player with others.

the map was very similar  gameplay to the AOK CBA, were you have a Castle fortress to develepemt your battle-units.

Resultado de imagen para cba aok

in the dream all units have the classic AoE I concept for units more arcade but more easy to recognize than the AOK.

The Unit Design

my principal unit was this.

centurion.gif

but there are many different styles in the reality the unit is a Spearman Triarii type, but in the dream was swordsman like Roman Empire heavy infantry .

8ed447beaedb3b57d8a268f193a6ad86.jpgd3i1Osw.png

The unit have soft naturally animation, using their blade in kind of slash movement. This animation is more similar to AOK longsword.

some times the units wear bronze material other time iron, like centurion unit.

SR3960-110.jpg

the battle field was realistic. But don't remember a building like a Town center or Castle and few towers. Like AoE I sentry tower.

The gameplay

the gameplay are from Total War series, similar to last game of the series even in appareance some kind Total War  Arena, mixing arcade with realistic.

the battles were delepoment like CBA few kind of units to build, I don't remember resources gathering, only wood, nor minerals or food.

the trees have very realistic pine types from a template weather.

k3vSpop.png

like a battlefield from  my country.

and that mixing with a game battlefield are similar.

Resultado de imagen para total war arena

in the battlefield I saw AOE Cataphract heavy cavalry very powerful in the dream against buildings but very weak against Centurion type.

Resultado de imagen para cataphract aoe

The centurion were very strong vs this cavalry units but weak vs missile units or building type. The counter from missile arrow vs melee infantry was very superior and hard than cavalry vs buildings.

the setting of the maps were free but you can setting your own diplomacy but the best was 4v4 from team from North vs Soth.

TEJz9YD.png

One interesting thing was each player can join even when match have minutes to started. The players appears suddenly and this becomes the gameplay very interesting and and funny.. you never expect that or you never seen that coming. So that can balance or unbalance the game.

the most dominant player were those who can have the dominion over the micromanagement and some meta. But you can reverts have in mind the counter and use some kind tactics more your communication with your teammates. You can talk with they like competitive games. But I don't remember if all we were in same place.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2