Terra Magna Mod

Tomcelmare

Congratulations for your work on zapotecs! :) I have tested the civ quickly yesterday, and it seems very interesting! I like the battle priests, even though they can't fight, for the boost of attack they bring in battle, though I don't know of what use the normal priests can be now...If I may suggest, I think the melee warriors (Micuantli?) could be champions, and maybe the archers too.

For the femal villager, I think you're using the egyptian villager as a placeholder for now, so I have found a picture that could be of help:

http://imgur.com/gallery/kMrlg   

The zapotec woman in the one in the middle, with braids. She doesn't look too happy, maybe she's a widow :P

• Like 1

I really didn't want to give them champion melee and a melee buff aoe champion priest (which doubles the attack rate of the macuahuitl warrior). Regular priests don't cost any metal so they're still useful for regular old healing. Citizen soldiers still cant kill champions 1:1 but they're much more cost effective with a battle priest.

I dunno, first drafts and all that

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tomcelmare said:

Yep I know, but I thought it would be interesting to play zapotecs on this map.

The Amazon is very different to Zepotec biome, Amazon is like a jungle (Tropical jungle), many mesoamerican special from the north to the center of American continent lived in other type of biome, more temperate.

Zapotec people lived in a kind of Arid and highland. Oaxaca (state) is very close to my country, and have even the same size.

the weather must be similar, only change the biome.

6A9.jpg

Even in the map looks more arid. Jungle type of biome are more related to Atlantic than the Pacific.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2

Is very different

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3995.GIF

And Zapotces are/were located in highland zone, the feeling is very different than a tropical jungle.

in a jungle the wet in the  summertime is different. Because the humidity and dry have different effects, not only in the humans, the fauna is different, for example you can found many lizard type of  animals like a crocodile or the famous anaconda but you never see a kind of animal outside that.

IMG_3996.JPG

IMG_3997.JPG

IMG_3998.JPG

IMG_3999.JPG

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 3

Wow! Thank you for your information, Lion.Kanzen! This is very interesting. I think I imagined zapotecs as mayas, who lived in the jungles of Yucatan if I'm not mistaken...But at least, I knew that Amazon was not in central America ;) The thing is, currently it's the only "american" map of the game, as far as I know...

Edited by Tomcelmare

In a Amazon rainforest ( Amazonia/Amazonas) you can found many kind of insects/bugs , very like in swamp.

but there a type of animal that you can found over mostly of American / Americas country.

yRTUcuu.jpg

This one most iconic animal from here. In my country is the national bird.

The biodiversity of plant species is the highest on Earth with one 2001 study finding a quarter square kilometer (62 acres) of Ecuadorian rainforest supports more than 1,100 tree species.

The other is the Jaguar. This other animal is very import special for iconography and myths.

3eso1Se.jpg

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tomcelmare said:

Wow! Thank you for your information, Lion.Kanzen! This is very interesting. I think I imagined zapotecs as mayas, who lived in the jungles of Yucatan if I'm not mistaken...But at least, I knew that Amazon was not in central America ;) The thing is, currently it's the only "american" map of the game, as far as I know...

Mayans have diverse types of biomes, but they are tropical unlike Aztecs or Zapotec.

The Indians like amazons can be 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xingu_peoples

Are all Tropical Forests, Rainforests? 
Only a small percentage of the tropical forests are rainforests. To be a tropical rainforest, forested areas must: 

• Lie between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn. 
  • Receive rainfall regularly throughout the year (80-400 inches per year).
  • Remain warm and frost free all year long (mean temperatures are between 70° and 85°F) with very little daily fluctuation.

• Like 1