Creating portraits using several techniques.

I haven't watched it all, but I did see you copy pixels from an image for the eyebrows. I don't really see why though since you blurred it so much in the end. In practice I guess going so far away from the original means that there would be no consequences, but in theory you really shouldn't do that either. Especially when there really isn't anything gained from it. I do hope things like the original statue image and the SPQR symbol image are either public domain or compatible with the 0 A.D. license.

As for the image itself, I would suggest that you use a lot less opacity in your brushes, 20% maximum. Your images have always seemed a bit extreme in colors/differences in sharpness etc, and now that I've seen your process I think that's probably one way to get around it. For laying down initial colors I guess a higher percentage can work as well, but in general I'd say it's better to be more subtle.

• Like 1

That a problem a I have blurry to much or Sharped to much, and I worked a higher resolution than the final  product so is difficult, because must work in icon size, so portrait size and all look good.

the last romans guys are modular than Alexander portrait ,  was Alexander actual psd work is a single layer, and was one most frustrating work, because my technique used in Ptolemy wasn't work for Alexander, so I implemented have a draw version in iPad ( sketch  and photoshop version and try merging both, the result Games a real guy total different from the start, but all is my subjective point of view.