Hello there!

Hey there! I am a new user. I have only played the game a few times, but I already loved it so much that I made a friend install it. 

HOW I MET THE GAME:

I have always been a big fan of the AoE saga, but when I switched to Linux, I could not download it. So, I searched for an Alternative; When I found a similar game with mods, becautiful graphics, for linux and open source, I could not believe it. 

I donwloaded it instanlty, and started enoying it a few minutes later.

ABOUT ME:

I am a boy from Argentina, who loves gaming and open source stuff. Right now, I am really into Linux. I am also a cat lover, but I don't think this is relevant here...

I also like to join forums for everything I like

Glad to be here! :victory:

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Linux is great! I'm thinking of installing Linux on my desktop PC: I have a Windows laptop for my study (which starts on Monday next week) so I could easily have Linux on my main PC (the desktop). About an hour ago I tried to create a new folder in Windows 10 and suddenly file explorer was "not responding" ... after 20 seconds it closed itself! I started to get interested in Linux back in 2006-2007 when I was 16-17 years old, I had Ubuntu Breezy Badger. I wasted a lot of time trying out different distros - don't do what I did hahaha. For all things stable I like Debian and OpenSUSE (Debian has out-dated software, you'll probably hate it if you use it as your main OS, but no-one denies it's stable ;) ). I like Fedora but it's often buggy ... Fedora will be running fine until they introduce a bug through the updates! OpenSUSE is the one I'd like to install, if I decide to use Linux again.

I played Age Of Mythology in 2012-2013, my (former) step-brother got me obsessed. Before that I hadn't played an AOE game since about 1999-2000! When I was about 9 or 10 I was watching the intro scene for the first AOE game and my friend commented that the graphics were good. I can't remember what was great about AOE ... except for the AMAZING CHEATS LIKE PHOTON MAN!

Cats are great. My cat is 14 years old but he is hilarious! He also has a tail that has racoon stripes.

malcolm1.jpg

Linux or Windows doesn't matter much in my opinion. I first compiled 0ad on Linux, then on Windows, and now on Linux again (on a faster system). The problem with Windows is that Visual Studio is clunky old software, and to install Visual Studio 2013 (the only one that can build 0ad) you need to uninstall Visual Studio 2017 RC or Visual Studio 2015 if you have them. Microsoft insists that people only install Visual Studio versions in order (eg. 2013 -> 2015 -> 2017 RC).

It's faster to install the Linux dependencies than it is to install Visual Studio, I will accept that.