Hotkeys for buildings?

Simpa

IMG_3876.JPGThis an example. Works like AoE but is AoM modding hotkeys to build.

In this other chart you can se we lack some sets. The only done is the green set to build units.

the blue it's called cycle entities. 

And red it's the building command. So that is why I'm against camera, and only camera, central panel is using some keys as command, example G to guard.

IMG_3877.JPG

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

6 minutes ago, stanislas69 said:

@alpha123 wrote a patch which did just that. But it wasn't implemented at the time. Leper raised some rightful concerns. And elexis gave a good input then alpha left and the patch was forsaken. More info here http://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/1899

Yes I share before. But is interesting why wasn't implement.

Now I know that there no hotkeys yet and been trying to find one for couple of days now. But at least there could have been a few just for testing. I had this experience before on a game that made my pc crash by just playing quicker using some hotkeys. If there are keys that can be used like shift and control in the meantime why not assign a couple of important ones so as to test the gameplay?

Very often used hotkeys must be assigned  and established already. If there would be no expected problem in the future of the game crashing because you press too many keys or making a quick command then it's fine no need to rush for hotkeys.  

Assigning keys temporarily and finally establishing the chosen one could be inconvenient for players who would like to establish their method of playing. For example imo most players use the number 1, 2, 3 or F1, F2, F3 on combat units. If you temporarily assign those keys to important production or upgrade buildings then change it later the player cannot test to attain his best possible quickness in playing the game. Strategy plays the most important aspect of playing but speed adds to the differences in skill levels. 

I suggest assigning key buildings like civic center, barracks, market, etc to the left left side closest to the basic position of the left hand/fingers regardless of the first letters of buildings. I am not a designer not very good at using hotkeys because I never had skills in typing but lots of hotkeys in most games are not really assigned properly, conveniently and effectively to enhance a player skill. 

A good typist who can play the game using hotkeys effectively without moving/lifting his left hand so his left fingers can do the most important keys to play quicker. 

• 2 years later...