Hello. I am new here

Hello. Nice to meet you all. Never knew this game even exists. Saw it on youtube while looking for another RTS game to play. And it look real beautiful. So i said, why not. And here i am, downloading it. Good job for making this game and i hope you guys will do great and have fun while doing it.

Also, a quick question. Will this game feature Hebrew language as well? Because i've seen that you guys have a few israeli guys on your team (know it by reading their names on the website page).

Thank you all and have a nice day!

Edited by Squizen
  • Like 1

Hi @Squizen and welcome to the forum :wavey:

Thanks for letting us know you tried and like 0 A.D. (y)

It's definitely possible to add other languages. As far as I know we don't have a hebrew character set but it could be added. This has been done e.g. for east asian fonts. Due to their size they are not included in the default release versions of 0 A.D. but have to be downloaded seperately (see the links above, We, Wildfire Games, provide the downloads).

Have a pleasent stay ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FeXoR said:

Hi @Squizen and welcome to the forum :wavey:

Thanks for letting us know you tried and like 0 A.D. (y)

It's definitely possible to add other languages. As far as I know we don't have a hebrew character set but it could be added. This has been done e.g. for east asian fonts. Due to thier size they are not included in the default release versions of 0 A.D. but have to be downloaded seperately (see the links above, We, Wildfire Games, provide the downloads).

Have a pleasent stay ;)

Thanks for the reply! I lost you to be honest. way too many links and i am tired. 

Since all of the contributors are volunteers things are done by whoever finds the motivation to work on it.

In this case, if you want Hebrew language (font and translation), you may want to participate and add it yourself or motivate a member of the community (team member or not) to do so, @Squizen :)

That does by no means you are alone on this!  You can ask questions here in the forum or the development chat.

If the font package is ready the translation will usually be done by many people (preferably native Hebrew speakers in this case).

Step one would be to find a font that is compatible with 0 A.D. licenses (project overview and licensing) and fontbuilding system, so why not start there and search for one that suits you?

One step after the other and you can manage what you might have though you couldn't ;)

You don't have to read and/or understand all of the links at once, I just meant to give you hints where to find out how it can be done (and allready has been done for other non-latin languages).

51 minutes ago, FeXoR said:

Since all of the contributors are volunteers things are done by whoever finds the motivation to work on it.

In this case, if you want Hebrew language (font and translation), you may want to participate and add it yourself or motivate a member of the community (team member or not) to do so, @Squizen :)

That does by no means you are alone on this!  You can ask questions here in the forum or the development chat.

If the font package is ready the translation will usually be done by many people (preferably native Hebrew speakers in this case).

Step one would be to find a font that is compatible with 0 A.D. licenses (project overview and licensing) and fontbuilding system, so why not start there and search for one that suits you?

One step after the other and you can manage what you might have though you couldn't ;)

You don't have to read and/or understand all of the links at once, I just meant to give you hints where to find out how it can be done (and allready has been done for other non-latin languages).

Thanks for the reply! Oh i get it now. Too bad i am bad at this. Lets hope someday hebrew will be added :/

Regardless of the font issue, we first need to get translations for the language, I think you are able to contribute to it (if you have time and motivation of course, but no technical skills are required). Just go there: https://www.transifex.com/wildfire-games/0ad/language/he/

As you can see the current progress for Hebrew is 32%. If it reaches 90%, we will include it in the official releases of the game, and as it was pointed out, it would be bundled separately because of fonts. But that's really not an issue, the real work is translating ;)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Itms said:

Regardless of the font issue, we first need to get translations for the language, I think you are able to contribute to it (if you have time and motivation of course, but no technical skills are required). Just go there: https://www.transifex.com/wildfire-games/0ad/language/he/

As you can see the current progress for Hebrew is 32%. If it reaches 90%, we will include it in the official releases of the game, and as it was pointed out, it would be bundled separately because of fonts. But that's really not an issue, the real work is translating ;)

Hello! Nice to meet you. For some reason, the page won't load. "403. Forbidden access".

14 minutes ago, Itms said:

As explained in the 403 page you need to create an account on Transifex first. The page FeXoR linked above (http://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Localization) has a lot of information for you :)

I am an idiot. My bad. Alright, i am in. So, i just join, going into my profile and start translating? I hope i will ahve the time to help!

I just need to Translate and click "save"?

Edited by Squizen

Yes. Implementing support for Hebrew, Arabic and Devanagari scripts isn't trivial. Arabic is the most complicated one though as far as I know, because of the way that the characters are connected to each other.

I don't know how the 0AD engine handles this though, and what has already been implemented.

18 minutes ago, GunChleoc said:

Yes. Implementing support for Hebrew, Arabic and Devanagari scripts isn't trivial. Arabic is the most complicated one though as far as I know, because of the way that the characters are connected to each other.

I don't know how the 0AD engine handles this though, and what has already been implemented.

Do you know how many hebrew translators are there? I tried to help as much as i could, i hope i did well. But i had to remove my account cause i just found out i won't have any time doing this any more :/ (Way too many things happening to me right now).

darn.

Edited by Squizen

This is a long-term project, so you can return whenever you find some time again :)

If you can only conribute once in a while, Map and civilization descriptions or the little quotes in the game loading screen would be a good place to go, since terminology consisctency isn't so important there.

Hebrew currently has 1 coordinator and 6 translators.

Edited by GunChleoc
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, GunChleoc said:

This is a long-term project, so you can return whenever you find some time again :)

If you can only conribute once in a while, Map and civilization descriptions or the little quotes in the game loading screen would be a good place to go, since terminology consisctency isn't so important there.

Hebrew currently has 1 coordinator and 6 translators.

If i will find the time i will, i really hope i will. And yeah i did, some quotes and tried to do as many categories as i can before i run out of time. i think hebrew now stands with 34%. :D

Oh nice, many people. Good to hear that!

Edited by Squizen
  • Like 1