Ten suggestions about the game. :)

kirov001

Hello, first .. I would like to congratulate you that it created such a good game.
As At this stage in the game. It promises to be quite amazing.
Honestly I keep fingers crossed for you, and I would like suggest a few ideas about the game. You can come in handy because they are hardly find good strategies not based on a fast game. I played games like Lord of the Rings, Warhammer, Stronghold Crusader, Empire Earth, RedAlert or Starcraft (This particular game I am not satisfied)
All in all, I could go on and on, but .. I go to things.

List of ideas that may be helpful in the game, to diversify it. (You do not have to take it seriously, maybe you fall into the eye)

1. (Right double-clicking the mouse) The result is that, they charge units on the selected enemy.
2. Establishment of branches, and numbering them. (Branch 1 Branch 2 Branch 3, and so on).
3. Unbalanced unit (Roman infantry on the easy level Bot, not to deal with the same type of troops from other empires [3 Roman did not kill 2 Persian] and yet the Romans were the might, and even their special order of battle in the game does not help)
4. tower shoots up to 1 unit as a machine gun (not natural)
5.A system of immigration and emigration (come to you when you have conditions to live. Food descends along with the number of people like to eat it in real life. You can be a good or bad ruler).
6. Improvements Units (different ammo, better weapons and armor)
7. need people to siege (There were no electricity xD)
9. Improve the defense towers and accessories (baskets of burning oil, catapults, etc.)
10 siege ladders (climb onto walls and taking over their)

I have plenty of ideas, If you like it, please reply.

I can always advise you as a player and a consumer.

Regards.(Kirov_pl)

2-branches about what?

3- each civilization is different.

4-same as AoE series I don't see the problem.

5- no this a classic RTS not a city builder with simulation or happiness.

6-we have blacksmith and units gain experience.

7-you mean prop possible , needs animation etc. @Enrique can answer this, or @LordGood

8 there is not 8 XD

9 technologies not all are implement yet.

10. I like this and will be good but with good mechanic gameplay. @elexis can ask with more details.

--------recommendations----

Keep in mind , is a RTS not a simulator like total war so, all ideas are welcome , mostly like AoE.

RE: #10 ladders for siege would require a complete rewrite of the path finder to support walk-able meshes therefore more elaborate collision detection all these coding issues are not trivial remember we are a completely volunteer work force there is no way to throw more programming resources at any issue without someone wanting to do it first and this is one of those tasks that is tedious to code and just not sexy enough to attract volunteers or if attempted dropped when the technical details rise out of the woodwork.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 3

@Lion.Kanzen
2.I meant select units, and save it to a keyboard shortcut, for example, archers to shift + 1, infantry shift + 2, and thanks to this could be easier to move between the army.
3.i know but However, the units are not balanced, that is, people will be playing the easiest nation, (the Roman Empire game is more difficult than, for example, the Persians)
4.Yes, however, they were slower, and they looked more natural
5. Okay i understand :)
6.i played this game and i know this but, I was concerned, however, about the appearance of the units after improving, helped by a player on the opposite side. You know .. Better armor, infantry they look a little different than at the beginning ..
7. Yes
8.I FORGOT XDDD Sorry about that.  All units are able to build, is a bit exaggerated, I would recommend that you limit the bit. So, for example, troops are building military structures or can help the villagers in building, but do not have the type of buildings, houses, farms, warehouses, etc., you can throw in building siege engines.
9.OK
10.thats nice :).@Loki1950   ahhhh . So I thought it might be problems with this, ramparts and towers have to be done differently maybe.. :P

2. you can do that by selecting a unit or a group of units and ctrl+(number) and when you click the number it selects all those units automaticly .

e.g. select 10 roman champions and 8 women ctrl+1.

press 1 and select all those units.

Edited by Indibil

2- ctrl + number is possibly, is important read "learn to play" manual, there is multiple tips there aren't in other RTS.

3- Iberian are very more strong for me, i can deal with romans.

4- i hsvent much opinion about this, can be nice get a look into template files.

5- can be implemented in map Campaing like total war style ( Turn based strategy) or called Grand Campaing.

6-what you means?( more details)

7- art animation topic / suggestion

8-building in this game is very slower than AoE series, I don't see this as a problem.

9-we have a stalled topic about this. So try to suggest there this way your suggestion will welcome and be considerate 

10- we have very handicap to deal with this. Be patient.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

1 - I believe that charging (and trampling) mechanics are being planned.

2 - Ctrl + 1

3 - I have no problem with unit imbalances unless the difference is too significant to ignore. You might want to specify which Roman units you were using and what Persian units you were fighting against. Also, formations are broken (I think we have found another FAQ).

4 - I agree with this one. Maybe the towers should shoot arrows the same way the warships currently do?

5 - Dunno about this. More like a TBS mechanic. :-P

6 - Units chaning appearance is part of the level-up mechanic.

7 - Eye Candy suggested

8 - Women generally can't build military structures. They can only help.

9 & 10 - Suggestions that I can't comment upon.

@ToAll
3.Yes. Some military units are simply broken, thats why are unbalanced
2. oohh I was searching that , thanks XD
6.I played for example in other strategy games, for example, know how to go to me some more powerful army because I saw that they had been improvements, then I prepared for more troops as I had inferior technology from him (in short, as the army had extras that I could get up early to prepare)
8. I meant. the infantry can all build and collect, and in my opinion a little exaggerated, as settlers thought I did not use, I've done from 5 to give attributes You have to consider

@EDIT You could throw a person giving attributes of the settlers + I even thought of adding scouts

Edited by kirov001

2 hours ago, sphyrth said:

1 - I believe that charging (and trampling) mechanics are being planned.

Planned and there are a patch stalled.

-------

3-you need be specific very specific and detailed.

6-more details...please.

8- can be but remember citizen soldier system. Is accuracy vs RTS traditional.

There isn't a villager male and female are only real one.

9-post your ideas, in the link.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

2 - No, I meant that FORMATIONS are broken. That means that putting your units in formation doesn't improve any of their attributes (attack/defense). But when it comes to unit imbalance, pleae provide the specifc unots in question. For all weknow you must've sent 3 skirmishers against 2 spearmen... Or even against champion u its.

6 - It's part of the game to catch up when you're behind in technology. Either you employ a Rush Strategy (and get the exp that you wanted) or choose between quantity (producing more units) vs. quality (Blacksmith techs).

8 - You're not the first to comment about the Citizen Soldiers. It's one of the features that make 0 A.D. unique from other RTSs, so I want to keep it.

The Tech on Women can be found in the House (The Loom). I'm not sure about the comment on "adding scouts" since there are horsemen already.

2 hours ago, sphyrth said:

The Tech on Women can be found in the House (The Loom). I'm not sure about the comment on "adding scouts" since there are horsemen already.

And most civs have that horseman as one of the starting units so you can use it to start exploring the map if you go for the unexposed map as a game condition.

Enjoy the Choice :)