Oniversalis: Age of Exploration

Vasikle

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there any mod which has guns in it? I would like to see whether or not the ballistics physics of 0 AD could be used for something like Rise of Nations: Extended Edition, except with some more features. Also, could you make tanks in 0 AD, and are there examples of mods which have things with fast moving projectiles like guns/cannons?

2 hours ago, Palaiogos said:

Is there any mod which has guns in it? I would like to see whether or not the ballistics physics of 0 AD could be used for something like Rise of Nations: Extended Edition, except with some more features. Also, could you make tanks in 0 AD, and are there examples of mods which have things with fast moving projectiles like guns/cannons?

Short answer: No. If there is I am not aware.

Long answer: There once was a mod called Rogue Republic that implemented some of those features long time ago before they switched away to another game engine. I remember @Radagast. made a mod with tanks. I also planned to make muskets for Milleniumad part II and also started a WW1 Mod.

To get back on the topic on whether it is possible to do it. If you rebase #2577 in the state I left it and you create two entities one being the turret and the other being the body you can have tanks that can shoot while they are moving. Can't tell if they'll be able to attack planes though.

For the sound and animations it should be possible to create the muzzle flashes with some tweaks on the animation side projectile will be fine though if you want to have some particle effect you might need to play with animation too (else if you give for instance a speed effect there will be something weird in the canon.) There is already projectile hit animation and sounds thanks to @Mate-86.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello, everyone after much time, me and Vasikle have decided to return to this mod, as of now we do not wish to make any major returns, however there will be a new forum page/topic for this mod soon, as well as the mod db page being updated with a far more in depth description. I very eager to show you our works, and we will take our time with this mod, and only promise to show work that is in game to be evident that it exists, however if we are sceptical about adding a piece of content we will simply have to make a showcase for it outside of the game as a image. Thank you for your patience,

- Dan The Strategist (Danny), Developer on and Community Manager of Oniversalis : age of exploration 

• Like 7