Ugh, okay, help

wowgetoffyourcellphone

14 hours ago, fatherbushido said:

I guess r19768 fixes it?

Yep, the tooltip error is gone now. :)

18 hours ago, fatherbushido said:

Perhaps because you have `"autoResearch": true` in the chin phase town tech?

Shouldn't be the problem, because the Principate Romans have autoResearch phase techs too. in fact, for all civs, the Empire Phase tech is auto-researched when building a Wonder.

Yes, I just checked. Here are all the errors I get in the structure tree

WARNING: The "Iphicratean Reforms" technology is not researchable in any structure buildable by the athen civilisation, but is required by something that this civ can research, train or build!
ERROR: "cart" has more structures in phase phase_village than can be supported by the current GUI layout
WARNING: The "Town Phase" technology is not researchable in any structure buildable by the chin civilisation, but is required by something that this civ can research, train or build!
ERROR: "chin" has more structures in phase phase_town than can be supported by the current GUI layout
ERROR: The trainer units of "maur" have more production icons than can be supported by the current GUI layout
ERROR: "maur" has more unit trainers than can be supported by the current GUI layout
ERROR: "mace" has more unit trainers than can be supported by the current GUI layout

There is something wrong as the chin cc doesn't appear on phase 1 in the struct tree.

• Like 1

I got that error also in some tech in the imperial court

ERROR: Error in timer on entity 2026, IID73, function ProgressTimeout: TypeError: mod.affects.split is not a function
  DeriveModificationsFromTech@globalscripts/Technologies.js:70:22
  TechnologyManager.prototype.ResearchTechnology@simulation/components/TechnologyManager.js:273:26
  ProductionQueue.prototype.ProgressTimeout@simulation/components/ProductionQueue.js:785:4
  Timer.prototype.OnUpdate@simulation/components/Timer.js:120:4

and also that one

libpng warning: iCCP: profile 'ICC Profile': 1000000h: invalid rendering intent

4 hours ago, fatherbushido said:

There is something wrong [...]

Spoiler...

No kidding.

screenshot0123.png

Most likely too late to get into A22, but this should solve your problem (I know you already have a copy of this file in your mod):

diff --git a/gui/structree/load.js b/gui/structree/load.js
index 1559722..a1710a4 100644
--- a/gui/structree/load.js
+++ b/gui/structree/load.js
@@ -212,6 +212,10 @@ function unravelPhases(techs)
                        phaseList.splice(reqPhasePos+1, 0, myPhase);
                        phaseList.splice(myPhasePos, 1);
                }
+               else if (reqPhasePos < 0 && myPhasePos < 0)
+                       // If neither phase is in the list, then add them both to the end
+                       // and hope that later iterations will relocate them if incorrect.
+                       phaseList.push(reqPhase, myPhase);
        }

return phaseList;

• Like 2

Besides the fact that we shouldn't hope but check whether code will do something, this looks like a bugfix (and those can be committed after FF, before CF if someone takes care of it). Mods shouldn't have to carry around patched copies to work correctly (fixed for now usually means broken for tomorrow).

The patch tries to fix this error, right?

WARNING: The "Iphicratean Reforms" technology is not researchable in any structure buildable by the athen civilisation, but is required by something that this civ can research, train or build!

The error message could replace "something" with the name of the production queue entry.

Is the patch actually a good idea? Shouldn't he remove that something that noone can research, trian or build from the production queue of the templates instead?

"has more unit trainers than can be supported by the current GUI layout" is because we don't have scrolling yet (last time I checked, had to modify 60 files to rename scrollbar to verticalScrollbar or something).

No the patch fixes structree parsing of phase techs. 

Iphicrarean Reforms is a mercenary camp tech for Athens. All civs have or will have 1 or more of these techs at the merc camp. The only issue lies with Structree in that the tech is not researchable in a building the Athenians can build. Merc Camps are captured-only. There is no error when actually playing, however.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

21 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

No the patch fixes structree parsing of phase techs.

Well, actually the patch fixes the structree working out in what order phase techs occur...

On 14/06/2017 at 11:30 AM, elexis said:

"has more unit trainers than can be supported by the current GUI layout" is because we don't have scrolling yet (last time I checked, had to modify 60 files to rename scrollbar to verticalScrollbar or something).

It's because the xml only specifies elements for three unit trainers, and now that units-who-can-research and units-with-upgrades (including the pig-which-can-be-set-on-fire) are included there as well... I can't remember why I chose to limit it to three, but four is the most that would be able to fit before we'd need scrollbars on a 1024x768 screen.

But yeah, ticket #3038. Would like to have another look at that once A22's out the door. (That and the max_size patch I posted to trac ages ago.) Been (slowly) working on a cleanup patch for scrolling generally, might make the implementation of #3038 easier/simpler. (c++ is not a language I'm fluent in.) But I'm getting off-topic.

As requested: https://code.wildfiregames.com/D645

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 11:36 AM, fatherbushido said:

I got that error also in some tech in the imperial court
ERROR: Error in timer on entity 2026, IID73, function ProgressTimeout: TypeError: mod.affects.split is not a function
  DeriveModificationsFromTech@globalscripts/Technologies.js:70:22
  TechnologyManager.prototype.ResearchTechnology@simulation/components/TechnologyManager.js:273:26
  ProductionQueue.prototype.ProgressTimeout@simulation/components/ProductionQueue.js:785:4
  Timer.prototype.OnUpdate@simulation/components/Timer.js:120:4 

Was a fix for this error ever determined?

I get that error on the National Industries Level 1.  It times out at 0:01 remaining, and spits out the error.

Cannot use any of the techs in the next level, and cannot spawn the chin_champion_chariotscreenshot0001a.png.c24be71de812bf4a49cbe1246aefa1a8.png

If you start from the left side, you can do the upgrades for the first three, then fails on Nationalized Industries(fourth).

If you start from the Nationalized Industries(fourth), it will fail, and you cannot click at the top to stop it, and select any of the first three.

Can you have brackets[] inside the code block?

{"value": "Cost/BuildTime", "multiply": 0.1, "affects": ["Storehouse", "Farmstead"]}

Compared to another example from attack_citizensoldiers_will, where multiple classes are not:

{"value": "Attack/Melee/Hack", "multiply": 1.2, "affects": "CitizenSoldier Melee"}

Edited by panther42
add testing information

15 hours ago, panther42 said:

Can you have brackets[] inside the code block?

{"value": "Cost/BuildTime", "multiply": 0.1, "affects": ["Storehouse", "Farmstead"]}

Compared to another example from attack_citizensoldiers_will, where multiple classes are not:

{"value": "Attack/Melee/Hack", "multiply": 1.2, "affects": "CitizenSoldier Melee"}

There is indeed something which need to be clarified.

In https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Technology_Templates we have the non bracket syntax for specific affects. We have it in the code doc.

(so we need to write some tests for that part of the code).

EDIT:

I checked, indeed the bracket syntax is not handle in specific affects. In that case, you can just use strings (where 'spaces' are 'and'). If you want an 'or' in a specific affects, you can't neither use "+" in the string. I guess the only solution is to split it like that:

should become

{"value": "Cost/BuildTime", "multiply": 0.1, "affects": "Storehouse"},

{"value": "Cost/BuildTime", "multiply": 0.1, "affects": "Farmstead"}

EDIT: Though I am not sure we could have the same key :/

• Like 1

@panther42Thanks for agitating on that issue. @fatherbushido's research has taught me something about the syntax.

About the Imperial Court techs, they are going to change drastically once I put the Ministers into the game. The techs will primarily focus on leveling up your Ministers and making them more powerful/useful, their auras and abilities. Also, I will remove the chariots since they are anachronistic with the Han. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My god, what now...

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: skirmish/structures/default_civil_centre:1: Expecting an element MarkerTemplate, got nothing

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: skirmish/structures/default_civil_centre:1: Invalid sequence in interleave

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: skirmish/structures/default_civil_centre:1: Element RallyPointRenderer failed to validate content

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation failed for '(null)'

ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'skirmish/structures/default_civil_centre'

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'skirmish/structures/default_civil_centre'

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'skirmish/structures/default_civil_centre'

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: other/desert_trading_post:1: Expecting an element MarkerTemplate, got nothing

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: other/desert_trading_post:1: Invalid sequence in interleave

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: other/desert_trading_post:1: Element RallyPointRenderer failed to validate content

ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'other/desert_trading_post'

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'other/desert_trading_post'

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'other/desert_trading_post'

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: structures/merc_camp_egyptian:1: Expecting an element MarkerTemplate, got nothing

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: structures/merc_camp_egyptian:1: Invalid sequence in interleave

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: structures/merc_camp_egyptian:1: Element RallyPointRenderer failed to validate content

ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'structures/merc_camp_egyptian'

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'structures/merc_camp_egyptian'

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: skirmish/structures/default_stoa:1: Expecting an element MarkerTemplate, got nothing

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: skirmish/structures/default_stoa:1: Invalid sequence in interleave

ERROR: RelaxNGValidator: Validation error: skirmish/structures/default_stoa:1: Element RallyPointRenderer failed to validate content

ERROR: Failed to validate entity template 'skirmish/structures/default_stoa'

ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'skirmish/structures/default_stoa'

this? https://trac.wildfiregames.com/changeset/19957

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2017 at 8:23 PM, Zeta1127 said:

There are definitely some issues with AI allies in Alpha 22. Debug warnings consistently show up on large maps with AI that have allies.

Would we more useful if you would copy-paste here some of these warnings (in fact the first warnings you got).