Ugh, okay, help

wowgetoffyourcellphone

It happens the moment I first select the Civic Center or Female Citizen. Both have their own auras. Looks like it's related to the tooltip?

There's also a problem with the struct tree, that may or may not be related, dunno.

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/structree/helper.js line 76 ReferenceError: GetTechnologyBasicDataHelper is not defined deriveModifications@gui/structree/helper.js:76:3 selectCiv@gui/structree/structree.js:53:23 __eventhandler234 (selectionchange)@civSelection selectionchange:0:1 init@gui/structree/structree.js:40:3 __eventhandler204 (press)@menuStrucTreeButton press:2:8

ERROR: GUI page 'page_structree.xml': Failed to call init() function

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

This sounds a lot like the Templates.js file being outdated: https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est/blob/master/globalscripts/Templates.js

Didn't delenda est have an issue with that some weeks ago already? Why is a copy of that around to begin with? If you need a new function, add it to a new file. If you need to change an existing function, tell us and we'll see what we can do to make 0ad work better with mods.

• Like 1

Comparing the delenda est version with the public mod version from that time, the only difference is:

@@ -368,7 +368,7 @@

ret.cost = { "time": template.researchTime ? +template.researchTime : 0 };
 	for (let type of resources.GetCodes())
-		ret.cost[type] = +(template.cost && template.cost[type] || 0);
+		ret.cost[type] = template.cost && template.cost[type] ? +template.cost[type] : 0;

ret.tooltip = template.tooltip;
 	ret.requirementsTooltip = template.requirementsTooltip || "";

Since that file is outdated, things like the resource trickle tooltip and aura range parsing are missing here:

https://code.wildfiregames.com/source/0ad/history/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/globalscripts/Templates.js

https://github.com/JustusAvramenko/delenda_est/commits/master/globalscripts/Templates.js

The current version of the copy of delenda est's file is the same as in the public mod one excluding this cost diff.

The file (when it was added to delenda est on february 22nd), was either outdated by a commit which was the reverse of that hunk above (rP19213), or intentionally used the prior version.
Now since that commit specifically fixed a delenda est bug, I wonder why delenda est reverts that x)

This comment is especially about the changed line https://code.wildfiregames.com/D113?id=402#inline-2220

IMO the only real option you have here is deleting that file to stop having to keep it in sync and tell us if something is broken, we can fix it quickly.

I've tested de with the deleted file and it works just fine. If you don't delete it, it will just throw random errors the next time we change it.

Furthermore, your ptol_hero_cleopatra_3.json doesn't have a name nor description, thus bugs with the tooltips.

It's very possible a fix I request was added to the public mod and then I was not aware the fix was committed or I forgot. I'll delete my amended file and hope that doesn't screw with something I once thought was important.

EDIT: No can do. Deleting my DE Templates.js gives an error in structree about the production queue and structree does not render at all when my file is deleted. DE has 2 units which research techs. The Worker Elephant and Chanakya.These may be the trigger to the error, or it may be because I have not gone through every single tech and added Glory costs to them. If the ultimate fix is to fix the tech costs, then I'll do it, but that means every other mod that adds a new resource will have to edit all existing techs in the game.

ERROR: JavaScript error: gui/structree/structree.js line 273 TypeError: g_ParsedData.units[unitCode].production is undefined selectCiv@gui/structree/structree.js:273:1 __eventhandler38 (selectionchange)@civSelection selectionchange:0:1 init@gui/structree/structree.js:40:3 __eventhandler8 (press)@menuStrucTreeButton press:2:8

ERROR: GUI page 'page_structree.xml': Failed to call init() function

• 2 weeks later...

Two requests before you guys go code freeze.

#1: I get this error message often. Could it be because of my new resource type? Not sure.

WARNING: JavaScript warning: simulation/components/Barter.js line 45 reference to undefined property multiplier.buy[resource]

#2: I still get the problem where if there are civs with no building health civ bonus, then they think their buildings are damaged and need repaired. This hurts the AI significantly playing those civs when their units gather around buildings to "repair" them perpetually. To clarify, civs with a building health bonus, like the Greek civs, do not have this problem. Similarly, the Celts who have a building health penalty are likewise unaffected by the bug. I get no error messages pertaining.

Maybe it's related to these weird values that show up in the tooltips. Rounding errors?:

pyrogenesis_2017-06-01_04-43-50-06.thumb.png.d8b611c3fb63595f001a8bad103b2fce.png

commands.txt

The (vanilla 0ad) special/player_gaia template is not set up to inherit from special/player, and thus does not inherit the glory resource's barter multiplier when run in the Delenda Est mod. The template should probably be rewritten so it inherits what it needs.

Patch: https://code.wildfiregames.com/D591

Edited by s0600204
Add link to prospective patch.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, s0600204 said:

The (vanilla 0ad) special/player_gaia template is not set up to inherit from special/player, and thus does not inherit the glory resource's barter multiplier when run in the Delenda Est mod. The template should probably be rewritten so it inherits what it needs.

Thankyou. This should point me in the right direction. 

7 hours ago, s0600204 said:

Alright, got it done. Thanks for that. No more error message.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also, a get this when I select the Chinese in structree. This one is puzzling me, because the Chinese civic center definitely has a Town Phase tech, you can even see it in the structree.

WARNING: The "Town Phase" technology is not researchable in any structure buildable by the chin civilisation, but is required by something that this civ can research, train or build!