===[TASK]===[SOUND]=== Contributing with sound design assets

tmm88

there may be torrents around, but I will not be posting that. otherwise this is probably one of the most expensive libraries around there. but you can get smaller packages and parts of it for around 300-400 dollars each. of course that those are the most recent version so definitely worths checking those

@tmm88: I have a string section and a brass section from VSL (was included in some NI Komplete pack) and they sound very nice! Yet I need to get myself a harp and some decent percussion (that's mainly because I'm more into electronic music and I normally don't do anything with some kind of orchestra...

@stanislas69: what do you know about my resources? :P

6 minutes ago, niektb said:

@tmm88: I have a string section and a brass section from VSL (was included in some NI Komplete pack) and they sound very nice! Yet I need to get myself a harp and some decent percussion (that's mainly because I'm more into electronic music and I normally don't do anything with some kind of orchestra...

@stanislas69: what do you know about my resources? :P

Now you must confess. 

---

I like midis like old good AoE 

the vsl of kontakt by native instruments, and the Vienna symphonic library (the original one, I mean), are two completely distinct products, with very different production quality level. you can find the original VSL here, and get an idea of what I am talking about https://vsl.co.at/en

and I have tested both, so I do perfectly know what I am talking about

• Like 1

I think the sound is pretty decent (lots better than freeware alternatives) but the NI version falls short on articulations, different instruments, true legato and all that kind of stuff that defines expressivity (but considering that I paid like 7 bucks for it...), but remember, I suggested it as sketching library :) 

The Ensemble Pro has a bit of a misleading name; it's mainly a mixing engine (it does include a bit of samples but not much)

here you have a complete piece of music for the game, done just right now, in about 20-40 minutes. consists of a woodwind quartet with flute, oboe, bassoon, horns, and harpsichord. I initially also have added like a timpani. but right now I only have like a the melodic section, once it didn't fit quite well. the piece is relatively short. (32 bars). but can be looped into sections and triggered during game action. the file was written in musescore, and you can download it in midi, ogg vorbis, pdf, and the music source file. looking forward. kind regards

wildfire games.zip

you are also free to modify it

• Like 1