===[TASK]===[SOUND]=== Contributing with sound design assets

tmm88

I'm noticing all of your song are quite linear without breaks introductions, or conclusions. Just a slow crescendo. It does sound very nice but the nature of how music cycles in the game, transitions between old and new tracks are going to be particularly jarring. I'd recommend slower tracks as well to better fit the mood of existing ones. 

I do some composing in musescore myself from time to time with the default MIDI  ;p these tracks are very nice standalone 

LordGood: a track can be static and I see absolutely no problem about that. I like static and linear music. if you see many tracks, mainly in pop rock bands early stages, what they do is that they compose 8 up to 16 bars for music, make a variation of it, for having a B section, and then they just orchestrate. in my case I took as n option to create a single section and orchestrate it. I see no problem about that. but if you guys want me to bring more variation into my pieces I can do that as well without any problem :) looking forward for the next contribution

furthermore these tracks are not finished

3 minutes ago, tmm88 said:

if you see for instance Morton Feldman or steve reich or Terry Riley they music is quite static, but has variations. and I work a lot with ostinatos in this kind of material, that I usually build cyclical variations on top of

I like I can imagine with real instruments.

what about the others?

2 hours ago, LordGood said:

I'm noticing all of your song are quite linear without breaks introductions, or conclusions. Just a slow crescendo

I think you should look at the currently posted pieces as being the (or a) main pattern / theme, not as fully finished tracks. these sections could be taken further to fully finished tracks by building a fitting song structure around it...

btw, @tmm88, I really like the last piece you posted! Very nice!