===[TASK]===[SOUND]=== Contributing with sound design assets

tmm88

On 14/01/2017 at 4:43 PM, tmm88 said:

one more contribution. now I will be uploading the variation of this track

I only had time for a very quick listen: I think your stuff really has potential! About this particular piece, I'd cut all the repetitions in half (including the repetition of each phrase), or try to find longer melodies. I find it also a bit hectic compared to the music that we already have.

I like your melodies and harmonies - try to make them longer and more varied, and we'll have a winner :)

• Like 1

hey @GunChleoc thans for the tips. I am actually a bit tired, it's been busy days. and I have gone throughout an application to toptal and other jobs which I didn't succeeded this time. and yeah, maybe I will find a job soon, and when I recover some sanity and energies, we will have some further mind-blowing contributions to 0 A.D. thanks for everything. by now I am needing some resting. I am extremely tired. cheers. tiago

Edited by tmm88

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @tmm88!

My sincere apologies for the huge delay, I've been in the process of moving and starting over my studio in Los Angeles, so it was a hectic year.

I'm getting back to you now regarding your music - I have listened to it and it's well done, but you will need to find a way to create a more realistic simulation to be included in the game, as hearing a MIDI driven track will really distract from the game's sense of timelessness.
It is particularly noticeable in the repeated patterns of the last submission, mostly in the high strings and winds.

If you can create a well sampled version of the track, I will be happy to assist with some live instrument recordings.

Feel free to reach out to me by email and keep me posted of your progress.
Good luck to you my friend,

O.

• Like 4