Sign in to follow this  
Lion.Kanzen

Guide to make Aztecs ( Mesoamerican mod)

9 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

De tus edificios aztecas...voy usar la misma técnica, editar viendo.

Ahh ya entendí. 

Estoy en el trabajo te los paso después :)

1 hour ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

viste como cambié unos detalles de la textura y como se ve en la imagen.

Ahh.
Ya lo note xd, si se ve mejor igual puede mejorarse mas.

Nice job dude! That's looking super cool! I was brought here by the 0AD twitter account. I'm a mesoamerican archaeologist and a historical ilustrator, and I'm open for discussion and advising if needed regarding any faction of the cultural region (as well as texturing if I can find the time).
Here's my portfolio, hope you are still working on the subject:
https://www.artstation.com/rafael-mena

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sax said:

Nice job dude! That's looking super cool! I was brought here by the 0AD twitter account. I'm a mesoamerican archaeologist and a historical ilustrator, and I'm open for discussion and advising if needed regarding any faction of the cultural region (as well as texturing if I can find the time).

Wow, you're a very skilled artist. I believe I've shared two of your works somewhere on the forum before. I really like your dinosaur art as well... Any and all archaeological references, as well as accurate artistic reconstructions of both buildings as well as units (including your own), are more than welcome in these threads. Feel free to start your own art and history thread about specific references or information about interesting Mesoamerican cultures (maybe a period sparring partner for the Zapotecs in the Terra Magna mod?)

@Trinketos

12 hours ago, Sax said:

Buenos dibujos. 

A ver si con tus conocimientos podamos hacer más históricamente correctos a las civilizaciones mesoamericanas :)

The development of the mod is still active, but I old pc is down now :(

But I have all my files save in a sd card :)

I know spanish incase anyone prefers it.

Where would you guys like me to start? I'm fairly familiar with the visuals of the post classic and can be help where ever you need me atm: Urbanization? Military? Civilian life? Let me know.

8 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:
  Hide contents

Lady of the Mayan court

interesting

She represents a mayan courtesan/noblewoman (the nature of the distinction is discussed by Houston here: https://mayadecipherment.com/2014/06/08/courtesans-and-carnal-commerce/) of the classical and late classical period, so roughly coinciding with the time period of the original game. 
You con spot the cranial elongation and nasal extension, while most of the other decoration is composite (which is to say different parts are taken from different sources), mainly from ceramic pieces from Tikal and Ik (the latter a minor client kingdom of the former). Typically, elite women seemed to have shown themselves in their natural skin color or painted themselves in red, white or a combination of either. There is a vast catalogue of hairstyles and decorations.

This has little to do with the Aztecs in any of the way you wish to understand them (Late nahua who arrived from Aztlan, Nahua of the Triple Alliance or the Mexica specifically).

Edited by Sax
  • Like 1