Just started playing, questions on gameplay

aunteekNaser

Hey guys. First of all if this is the wrong part of the forum, kindly direct me to the right place. My continuing excuse is that I started playing yesterday and am very new to this. I started playing on one of the archipelago maps in singleplayer, and found an island. However, I could not colonize it. I also tried looking in the gameplay tutorial, but nothing was there. How would I proceed to colonize or just set a soldier or two on an island? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all...AMAZING GAME! Love it.  It kills me at times, but love it.  There is one thing that I cannot find enough info and I continue to wonder... How do I leverage resources at the market?  The percentage of resources does exactly what? does increasing  the portage of a resource means that I trade more of that resources or is it meant to increase the revenue of that resource material?

• Like 2

Indeed the percentages set are* the percentages traded and so the percentual income for that recourse from the trade. So if you set food to 43%, 43% of all trade income will be in form of food.

* It is actually a chance function on every trip the trader decides what he will trade that trip, and if there is a 43% on food the chance of choosing food is 43/100. Following by theory of big numbers it follows that 43% of the trips will be done with the food resource,