Juli51

==[TASK]== Wood bridge multi-civilizaton

Hi there... are there any other official tasks to be artistically conceptualized?, I'm all ready thinking in a port to keep docks save from bad weather or romans terms.

Edited by Juli51

You could go for the iberian storehouse. All those buildings have a little tower on them except that one.

Edit 1: For further differentiation you could draw a gaul variation for the rotary mill

Edit 2: You could draw some concepts for the African Mini Faction.

Edit 3 : If you feel like doing some coloured work you could try helping @Lion.Kanzen with civ emblems

Edited by stanislas69

Ok, what does it means Mini Faction. Could you send me some pictures of it as I still can't access the map editor.

Same for civ emblems.

16 hours ago, Juli51 said:

Hi there... are there any other official tasks to be artistically conceptualized?, I'm all ready thinking in a port to keep docks save from bad weather or romans terms.

I'd suggest the iberian market. Needs an upgrade. 

• Like 1

While the bridge looks very nice, i'm not sure this upper structure is historically accurate (at least i've never seen any drawing of such supporting structure from this time frame). In addition, the long stakes looks really thin to me, shouldn't they be thicker as the small ones?

To be honest I don't know I didn't take the time to make static, dynamic, and cinematic analysis of the structure. I can make two other variants of it if you'd like :)

Edited by stanislas69

To be honest, that upper structure is not necessary to support that kind of bridge and I draw it for eyecandy reasons.  The bridges i've drawn are just free concepts intended to be a starting point in introducing the idea that bridges are necessary somehow as a common structure for every civ. You could build them, defend them or destroy them if neccesary.

Is there something all ready drawn or modeled for the African mini faction?. Is it a north African or is it a sub-sharian mini faction?

Edited by Juli51

44 minutes ago, Juli51 said:

Is there something all ready drawn or modeled for the African mini faction?. Is it a north African or is it a sub-sharian mini faction?

Nope

Buildable bridges are definitely desired, the problem is implementing pathfinding for entities, unless the new pathfinder somehow changed things recently, not necessarily modeling them. As previously mentioned, the current work around for such things is putting an isthmus underneath as in Gallic Fields, which obviously doesn't work for building them in game, only in Atlas.

• Like 1

Indeed I'm going to make a thread for it soon in my idea on how to implement them giving as much technical details I can. Maybe that'll motivate someone to work on it. Even myself had I got the skills.

• Like 2