===[COMMITTED]=== Carthaginian market

Juli51

16 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

I'm close to sleep... for that reason I write in  Spanish.

por qué los toldos son diferentes? Es lo único que me molesta. 

@stanislas69 Is it possible if you could add more variation on the stalls roofs?  Maybe some barrels and crates in the second floor and in the top some flowers?

Spoiler

Captura.JPG

Edited by Skhorn

1 minute ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Yeah , that is better,  sorry sometimes I take pills and need to sleep or give great drowsiness.

so I forgot the name of that thing, canopy? Sunshade?

This is what google traductor translate it: awning, canopy, blind, sunshade, hood, sunblind, para toldo, pero para ser sincero npi que se llamaba asi :P

I like the clerestory window design, that could have been inherited from other previous north african civs. However the Carthaginian design had strayed from the corbeled arch design to a more hellenistic and common mediterranean post-and lintel construction. And as visually appealing as that diamond cut in the roof is, I'm not sure there's much historical basis for it, and it seems like it'd cause a lot more complications regarding UV maps and maintaining the Carthaginian set's unity.

It's a wonderful design on its own; I'd just encourage Stan to not follow it so rigidly, and tie it back to the existing carthaginian architecture

Will do actually I made the model more in a urge to give that sketch a model it deserves more than carths the model they deserve.

I'll see what i can do when I get access to a blender equipped computer.

Moreover the polycount of the props is really high there is much more space to cover than for the ptol market...

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

The lack of lighting in the image and the over-use of the same texture tone over the whole model makes it impossible to read its forms. I know the form it has because I've seen the concept, but seeing these renders it's so hard to know what is happening. I also think everything in the roofs is too thick.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2016 at 3:55 PM, LordGood said:

I like the clerestory window design, that could have been inherited from other previous north african civs. However the Carthaginian design had strayed from the corbeled arch design to a more hellenistic and common mediterranean post-and lintel construction. And as visually appealing as that diamond cut in the roof is, I'm not sure there's much historical basis for it, and it seems like it'd cause a lot more complications regarding UV maps and maintaining the Carthaginian set's unity.

It's a wonderful design on its own; I'd just encourage Stan to not follow it so rigidly, and tie it back to the existing carthaginian architecture

Added some post and lintel. Thanks for the architecture feedback it was an interesting read. Also changed the lighting.

cart_market02.png

• Like 4

The problem with both variations is repetition.

The one with the roof is 90% the same texture over and over.

The one without the roof has 42 instances of the same banner prop. Not letting you see what is inside the structure. The structure without roof could benefit also from being higher.

• 4 weeks later...