===[TASK]=== Seleucid units textures

Enrique

49 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I would make the red feathers player color. 

i would too, but sadly there are some zones wich are alphas and those will become visible as player colours, so if the feathers are going to be player colour i will need to cut exactly the feathers edge so it will be a little less low poly.

18 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

i would too, but sadly there are some zones wich are alphas and those will become visible as player colours, so if the feathers are going to be player colour i will need to cut exactly the feathers edge so it will be a little less low poly.

Unless it is a very large amount, it's probably worth adding the extra polygons for the player color.

49 minutes ago, Nescio said:

There seems to be an angle in the middle of the horse's crown, is that supposed to be so?

Also, the horse chest barding (peytrals) end in nowhere, while the ends should actually be connected, e.g. tied behind the horse' neck.

there are some armors coming for the horse made by enrique and others by me.
Noticed now it could be able to use player colour.

here are the files, the player colour texture is at the 2D hands.sele_horse_crest.7z

image.png.b5ea4cbb3d7c93dbad5528b7d6b7b75f.png

I personally set the saturation level to 0, to remove the color then reduce the opacity/transparency between 5-15%

Color of the area to be marked with player color must be close to a gray with RGB of:

• R = 150
  • G = 150
  • B = 150

Something close, between light gray and dark gray.

Also, use a layer that will serve as a player color checker/tester put in in the most underneath in the hierarchy of layers in order to test the colors more efficiently

Default game Player 1 (Blue) has its RGB defined as:

• R = 021
  • G = 055
  • B = 149

With these you can properly experiment with player color, take note that you can overwrite .png files while Atlas is still running, this saves time, you just save a revised version elsewhere then copy it and replace the one in your mod directory.

Edited by wackyserious
  • Thanks 1

@Alexandermb, ok, you ready for the final attempt?  

Looking back at the size of the crest itself, and how you fix the crest to the shaffron/chamfron, I've chosen to reduce the overall size of the crest, and reduced the size of the gold semicircle as well. Try to keep the edge of the feathers at the same level as the edge of the gold semicricle. 1 straight line, no upward curving in the feathers' edge.

Like Nescio said, there's a small angle/kink at the top of the crown. Maybe adding another pane to that area will reduce this?

@stanislas69 I added some detail to the semicircle, hope it's ok like this?

So I completely desaturated the feathers, and put opacity at 13%. I had to play with levels, contrast and brightness to retain some detail..

5a6cece0258f1_Seleucidhorsecrownfinal3.thumb.png.654c047f6fe42d4e0e3f9280102f3695.png

5a6cf09e6020b_seleucidhorsecrownfinalfinal.thumb.png.33af9dfc8245fc282fdbe60a19884a82.png

Edited by Sundiata
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
1 minute ago, Stan` said:

Is it part of the horse mesh or separate ?

Separate, can't bake that into the horse mesh (just like others blankets and peytrals)

Just now, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Hmm, unrelated to textures, but I think that spear needs shifted forward a bit. Probably a simple reposition and re-export.

Two solutions:

1. Animation re-export of 2h.
  2. Modify Spear mesh

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

The spear looks too centered for every unit that uses it, so probably a mesh reposition. :)

Easier then.

Back to the cataphract, i have everything ready in blender. only need to bake two pieces and make the chamfron only. Plus bake the green/purple variant i bake for make the player color.

But im my opinion, we should split companion cavalry from cataphract.

Gameplay wise one could be expensier in metal and have more defense (same hp) while being more slow.

in another gameplay-like mod:

1. Special Resource: One could be expensier in special resource (coin, silver + metal)
  2. Moral: In a mod wich implements moral on the battlefield, companion could inspire morale while cataphract doesn't but sustract morale from the enemy.
  3. Upgrade: Make the cataphract as an upgrade for the cavalry spearman (For having both) or champion cavalry. We already have this kind of upgrade for others factions.
  4. Selection: Make the seleucids select wich champion they want to develop if they want chariots + companion or if they want silver shields pikeman + cataphracts.

• Like 1