Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lion.Kanzen

===[TASK]=== Ptolemaic Emblem

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Tomcelmare said:

Any progress regarding this model? I thought the emblem had already been changed, but it's still the same in the game...

Not really.

I was waiting for @Lion.Kanzen to come up with something, who was waiting for a 3D model of the eagle, Which I can't do yet because I don't have the sculpting skills.
Someone like @Micket could probably, but he hasn't been around in a while.
And I think @LordGood has some other things to do right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stanislas69 said:

Not really.

I was waiting for @Lion.Kanzen to come up with something, who was waiting for a 3D model of the eagle, Which I can't do yet because I don't have the sculpting skills.
Someone like @Micket could probably, but he hasn't been around in a while.
And I think @LordGood has some other things to do right now.

The problem is the size, and its tike time made one from 0 to get best aesthetic  as possible.

@Micket the last time i saw him, he was angry with enrique?

 

I'm thinking @Pureon can do it some from nothing I can work over Pureon's  proposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tomcelmare said:

Any progress regarding this model? I thought the emblem had already been changed, but it's still the same in the game...

If its changed the title must say: [Committed]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tomcelmare said:

Ok, I understand now. I didn't know how tricky it was! :) 

Maybe if someone comes with better open source references we could avoid having to make a 3D model

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/12/2017 at 4:18 PM, stanislas69 said:

Maybe if someone comes with better open source references we could avoid having to make a 3D model

a mixture of techniques, first using drawing (vectorial) I want test this with a gryphon...

there are a book with examples of modern digital art is bassically a mixture of techniques.

even 3d sculping.

 

Z Brush for example.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5a2eab4f24643deeebd97e349cf18b30.png

check this book.

https://www.parkablogs.com/content/book-review-beginners-guide-digital-painting-photoshop-characters

image.png.f48e947ea1cd416709d9f129dfe2812f.png

image.png.d0ead43295324317aded2cf4962b3a69.png

image.png.b3895096b4fdbe705ecb076a51f8baa1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He specifically asked for Open Source references not commercial software as both Photoshop and Z Brush are so Krita /Gimp and blender look up how much a single seat licence costs for Z Brush it starts at 875 American dollars,there is a free version but anything created with it can not be used by us as it's licence terms prohibit that same as the free Maya versions.

Enjoy the Choice :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

He specifically asked for Open Source references not commercial software as both Photoshop and Z Brush are so Krita /Gimp and blender look up how much a single seat licence costs for Z Brush it starts at 875 American dollars,there is a free version but anything created with it can not be used by us as it's licence terms prohibit that same as the free Maya versions.

Enjoy the Choice :)

He ask for coins  with eagle from CC0 and CC 3.0. so I say my opinion, the last eagle was made by many of this.

But I have the solution, use many art disciplines to get this. and I remember a book like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, focus in this, remember I will finish the rest.

RnR6b.png

Only the eagle, you did very well before.

@Sundiata I need your talent to make a new eagle emblem, then Stan give some retouch And then I will try to finish.

 

 

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
adding sundiata
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

That is one angry bird.

whatchatalkinabout.jpg.edb6cf65746166285f5f8136568971f3.jpg

 

 

Don't know whatchu talkin bout...

Spoiler


5acbb1fe0c91f_Angryptolemaicbird.thumb.jpg.f0cae8dd0fca4ce73dbbef5792512096.jpg

:P 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to be interrupting, but although I do like the colour, the bird is problematic: its talons are orientated in a wierd direction, its breast looks a bit flat, and its eye has disappeared. Please compare your angry bird with the noble raptor of the original post:

On 20/11/2016 at 2:48 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

RnR6b.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nescio, hmmm, I looked at like a bajillion Ptolemaic eagles from their coins and it's all kind of the same strict iconography that I followed literally. The references are in the original post... In the majority of the coins, the talons are all angled weirdly like that. Maybe that's why he's so angry? It's just a bit of an awkward eagle... It's up to you guys...

Edited by Sundiata
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...