[a21 replays]

fcxSanya

A quick tip regarding Delenda Est. Random Maps do not have farmlands, so farming will be considerably nerfed on random maps. Better to play the mod on Skirmish maps; I was able to add farmlands to every one of those.

Oh, and Alpha 22's version of the mod is going to be so good. Much improvement over A21's mod. So much wow, you won't mind getting off your cell phone.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 4

On 5/27/2017 at 4:45 AM, Grugnas said:

Summary:   Opponents were placed with an interesting pattern, alternatively one by one preventing any kind of help from allies without let their other flank defenseless. Despite the game quickly turned into a 2v4, as soon as the players had mutual knowledge of the placements in order to establish a profitable trade route (main source of resources in late game), the game had an unpredictable ending.  Barrack trainable champions demonstrated again to provide most of the late game advantage, in particular Champions Swordsman Cavalry which as no rivals in open fields, at raiding and at capturing buildings especially when there are no infantry spear champions relying civs, erasing any players numerical advantage.

That was an amazing game, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I hope those GG will be on YouTube as it's very hard to download, unzip and watch. 

Alexksu and Spyrth are our only source of good YouTube and Incog too. 

Multiplayer team games are much interesting to watch than 1v1 no matter how good or bad the players are. 

DE is kind of having a better gameplay. It seems that units are harder to acquire which imo will be more strategic game style. 

• Like 1

Either there will be a separate thread on DE replays, or players will have to specify the mod in this thread. Given enough replays I might be forced to commentate on them as well... even with the graphics my machine can handle.

DE makes Phase 2 the most colorful phase of the game, and I like that aspect.

• Like 2

imposible contener skirtitas

team-1 
7anniba3l-Cartaginian
Protagoras-Sparta
soloooyo-Ibers
team-2
pastglory-Romans
rettinger-Britans
chrstgtr-Sparts

in this game all corners control for spartans skirtites is imposible defense alone vs skirtites and help allie more dificult survive long time skirtites op
need all units upgrade range similar at mod -delenda est-

2017-03-18_imposible contener skirtitas.rar

Map: Mainland

Players / civ: borg- / Spartans, Emperior / Macedonians

Summary: At the first 10 minutes population of both player seems to be close, but when borg- start to launch an attack with his infantry, population of Emperior get drop dramatically.

The final result is borg- win. The game replay was cut half way because my network started to became slow at that moment, and I don't want to bother their gameplay so I left the game before the game was actually finished. If someone have full version inculding other Emperior vs borg replay recently, please post it and I can remove this comment.

2017-05-30_0001.7z

Edited by treegb
  • Like 1

Players: bbgotscrewed (bbleft), xPlague, Emperior, PrincipalityOfZeon vs. nigel87, juanito, bigcam87, borg-.
Map: Unknown Land, Normal size, 150 pop.
Summary: 1:15:21, but took twice as long with jungle lag. A tough game with lots of decisions about where to defend and where to attack, and another demonstration of the power of massed cavalry.

gaDPlWB.png

2017-05-31_0004.rar

• Like 1

Dat Skiritai spam. OP much? Just played a 4 player FFA. Haven't played core game in a while. I eventually won, but the game was a mess. Buildings take so long to build it's very frustrating. A big chunk of my time spent coaching a newbie how to play. lol. In the game setup page I promised to kill him last. I keep my promises. XD

2017-06-04_0001.zip

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

I'll finish to cast the remaining 3v3 and 4v4 that I have but I'd prefer 1v1 from now. The Finch vs Butcher series and Franksy series were the most interesting games to cast for me.

So for replays I'll cast, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 good, 1v1 very good, 1v1 on Delenda amazing :P

• Like 2

I thought I should upload some replays before they're made obsolete by a22.

Players: temple (1479) vs. bbleft (1692).
Map: Mainland, Medium, 200 pop, 37:06.
Summary: 3/1. This was during my Ptolemy phase. I think their free corrals is a big advantage, especially on maps without extra food sources, and I like using pikemen as a meat shield, although I didn't use them particularly well this game. I was nervous, not expecting to win, just hoping to play well enough to not embarrass myself.

Players: 9025201729 (1319), sckt (1272), shade11 (1465), Lysander vs. temple (1563), tigas, Emperior (1240), craqqy (1240).
Map: Rouen, Medium, 250 pop, 1:17:54.
Summary: 3/20. One person on our team dropped early, so it was 4v3. I was feeling claustrophobic this game, being surrounded by enemies, and at one point I send some women out to the corner of the map to farm. There was a lot of lag, especially with all the dogs! But it was a fun game.

Players: gabrielpotumati (1420), Dizaka (1472), bbleft (1651) vs. Franksy (1439), temple (1658), marxod (1124).
Map: Caledonian Meadows, Normal, 200 pop, 29:46.
Summary: 4/26. This was a memorable game because I didn't make any fields, corrals, fishing boats, or trade! I survived/thrived solely on mountain berries and mountain goats.

Players: temple (1667) vs. borg- (2153).
Map: Mainland, Small, 300 pop, 22:11.
Summary: 5/5. I've played several 1v1's against borg; this was probably my best performance.

Players: temple (1664), PTK.SirTopito (1414) vs. Please (JC), Emperior (1356).
Map: Ardennes Forest, Medium, 250 pop, 57:32.
Summary: 5/5. A Rome war. This was an intense game considering all the cavalry micromanagement.

Players: gabrielpotumati (1436), Gizum (1449), bbleft (1614), Liberty (1747) vs. temple (1680), chrstgtr (1517), lapatiencos, PTK.SirTopito (1414).
Map: Mainland, Tiny, 150 pop, 1:06:39.
Summary: 5/25. I don't think anyone's posted pizza yet? This one was pretty epic. Unfortunately the replay's missing the end of the game, but maybe it's better that I don't relive that.

temple.rar

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Perhaps there should be a replays subforum?

I know, wild idea.

When it was first proposed the subforum would have been quite empty and we didn't know whether it would fill much, but this topic is a proof it would work indeed! I propose we create one when A22 is out, in order to mark the occasion :)

• Like 4

On 14.6.2017 at 9:39 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Perhaps there should be a replays subforum?

I know, wild idea.

(Ideally we could have an upload and download button in the 0AD client, being able to browse a standardized overview on both website and lobby, taking screenshots automatically in games so that we don't have the same mappreview every time and a way for players to write down a summary of the game right after it occured, so that the memory is fresh, as in #3960, but most of that is too far out)

44 minutes ago, elexis said:

(Ideally we could have an upload and download button in the 0AD client, being able to browse a standardized overview on both website and lobby, taking screenshots automatically in games so that we don't have the same mappreview every time and a way for players to write down a summary of the game right after it occured, so that the memory is fresh, as in #3960, but most of that is too far out)

Oh maybe something like that 

Some 1v1s I played yesterday.

Feldfeld (sele) vs WarriorSpartan (Ptols).7z

Civs were chosen randomly. As they were imba, i offered a re and he declined, not much to say on this game.

Feldfeld (ibers) vs WarriorSpartan (persia).7z

A mistake ended the game quite fast.

PhyZic (brit) vs Feldfeld (sparta).7z

This game shows one more time how one unit rules a21's middlegame. It will be balanced on a22.

PhyZic (mace) vs Feldfeld (gauls).7z

By far the most interesting game of the series.

PhyZic (rome) vs Feldfeld (gauls).7z

Some rushes.

Note that, about the maps, in my second game against PhyZic, he had hunt advantage. In the 3rd game, i had berry advantage.

You may want to download all the games in a pack :

pack.7z

• Like 3

• elexis unpinned this topic